Circle Track Racing

-

BuckShot

Circle Track Racer
Reaction score
OK, need some help on picking a car to start with? Need something to replace my Olds Cutlass True Stock. The rules that I have to follow are posted at http://www.adirondackspeedway.com/ , what I'd like to run would be a Duster with a 5.7 Hemi. I know the rules would be changed the minute we pulled the hood but I do like to fight and my drivers are serving in Afghanistan at the present getting their Hummers shot to HE**. I'm open to any suggestions so jump in. I did own a 70, 340, 4spd Duster back in the 70's and it could hold it's own street racing.
BILL :help:

OK Bill,
I'M VERY PROUD! OF OUR GUY'S Fighting everywhere! This is a VERY JUST DUE! and I applaude you for this and them.
The only thing is that they don't have enough for the hemi's as of yet (5.7) they do have some very nice short block stuff thats very close to pro stock in the build. But I think that you could build something better with more reliablity that will get the job done for less but I may be wrong, as I don't know where your wanting to actually get with this? As true stock can mean alot of things and variation's. Just asking?

BJR Racing

I guess I'm not sure on what this will wind up being. The Hemi would be fun but like I said the minute the track saw the loophole in the rules they would outlaw the engine. I have my brother-in-law who owns a wrecking yard down by Scranton, PA looking for a Hemi. I should say that he is looking for a Hemi at a fair price.
I know the smart thing would be to build a 340 or 360, but if I was smart I wouldn't be racing. The first thing is to find a body to start with. The problem up here in Northern NY is our summers are very short and we use lots of road salt. I like the looks of the Dart, Demon, Duster, Scamp body. Looks like something we could work with. It would be the only Mopar in True Stock at our track so the old "see what everyone else is doing" doesn't work.
What I need to know is there a range of bodys that use the same sheet metal? We try to keep our cars looking good so that becomes an issue. It seems like every week one panel or another gets banged up. When you send cars with 350 HP on DOT tires out on a 1/2 mile asphault track things happen.
Bill Hansen

Early a bodies are still pretty cheap and I bet you will NEVER see one goin' roundy round at your local track! The first trans am race in 66 was actually won by a Dart.

-
Back