Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Postal Code:
Phone Number:

And as soon as this is provided, the payment will mail out via Usps
Priority mail to you and i will let you know when its mailed out. I
need you to be honest with the sale as I am a God fearing person.

Thanks

God Bless.

it seems fishy--

anyone rec'd one of these? thanks Lawrence

Notice they said absolutely nothing about the part they wanted that there is a dead giveaway for me that it's a scam. I just tell em to go eff their self lol Happens all the time my email is filled with those

You're joking, right? RIGHT? Of COURSE this is a scam. Do not under any conditions answer this email.

Yes Its a scam. I have received several of those, "offers" every time I have sold things on Craigslist. They use it as a way to steal your bank account information. They send you a fake check, you take it in to be deposited. The fraudulent company uses the transaction information to get into your account. By the time it is identified as a fake check, they already cleaned out your bank account. I know for a while there was a company in South Africa that was doing this. Yes, it is defiantly a scam!

If you ever do recieve a money order from someone like this, get the bank to check for water marks. If there are none it's a fake.

The fact that they call your ad an "advert" and the zip code a "postal code" tells you right off that they are not in the US. You are right to be leery of this. It is definitely a scam!!!

The fact that they call your ad an "advert" and the zip code a "postal code" tells you right off that they are not in the US. You are right to be leary of this. It is definitely a scam!!!

Exactly.

Give them the address to the White House and let the secret service boys have some fun with them!

I get stuff like that I always reply with a fake name and address, usually 69 hershey highway, Bumfuct Idaho.

F'in scammers

get them all the time....scam..also the one wanting to use paypal...scam...when they ask bottom price I tell them an amount largerthan asking and they accept, they don''t even review replies

Scam... Report them to CL and don't reply to them. Had the same response to my ads a couple times.

that is exactly why i NEVER give any CL add the option to email me, its phone number or nothing. i had to close one of my email accounts because the first time i posted a CL add i didnt hide my email address and i was flooded with that kind of BS

I always get exactly one similar response, almost exactly 12 hours after the posting.

"...do you still have item?..."

I simply ignore it.

I actually prefer email correspondance.

What I don't understand is why people that give email links in their ads don't respond when it is obviously an interested human that answers.

If I say in my email-

"Hi- I am intersted in your 68 Barracuda. Can you tell me if there has been any body work? can you send a better pic of the cowl area, and maybe one of the interior?

I am currently working on a 66 Coronet, and I'm looking for something to drive while I finish it. I am in (local city), Thanks- (my name)"

How is that possibly mistaken for a scam or automated email??

that is exactly why i NEVER give any CL add the option to email me, its phone number or nothing. i had to close one of my email accounts because the first time i posted a CL add i didnt hide my email address and i was flooded with that kind of BS

this doesnt stop it, I get scam texts and phone calls all the time. My opinion, its stupid but it is what it is. price you pay for using a free internet service, just report all the email addresses as spam when they come into your box and enjoy a coke.

they don't have many mopars in Nigeria, thats why they didn't care what the parts were for.......

"and Ill arrange for pick up..." well, while you are here, just hand me the CASH.....and well call it a deal. I dabble in Craigs, but if it aint local, I play it very carefully. I even told the guy to throw it on Ebay titled "zxcvb" with a buy it now price of the agreed selling price just to have a little Ebay protection (for whatever that is worth) then I hit him with a pre-agreed paypal transfer. Have not been burned yet but I dont do that but maybe 1-2x a year. If you want payment, take a USPS money order and cash it before you send the item. The post office can distinguish from bogus USPS MO's on the spot, if it doesnt fly, neither does the part. Good luck.

-
Back