CLAIMED 1 of 1 '69 notch??????

-

BB-Dave

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
What's this guy smoking??? $50k!! Maybe it has the optional 14k gold pistons?? LOL
340-S 4spd notch

1969 Plymouth Barracuda | eBay

s-l500.jpg

What's this guy smoking??? $50k!! Maybe it has the optional 14k gold pistons?? LOL

1969 Plymouth Barracuda | eBay

View attachment 1715089804
i dont know enough about model/options for 69 cuda's but unless he has paperwork to back up his claims, its all at face value. if it some how turns out to be a 1 of 1 car with documented proof, I wouldnt be surpised to see it fetch 50,000+ they are dumb people with lots of money these days

A car is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay!
I buy and repair and sell Mopars, and that's the Truth!

What is a notchback, why the variation, and what years was a nothchback manufactured (limited edition or something)? Excuse my ignorance (have a '65 Formula S myself). Thank you.

A car is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay!
I buy and repair and sell Mopars, and that's the Truth!

Worth no more than a 340 4 spd 69 swinger in same condition.

Yes they didn't make a lot of 340 formula S notchbacks (coupe, non-fastback). But they historically and repeatedly sell for less than same condition, option, and year 340-S fastback.

$20K -$25K car around here....And it IS around here.

There is no records of the 340 Formula "S" Barracuda. There are records on the 340 Cuda but that is different. It can be sumised that with 219 coups produced with a 340 and a 4sp and 68 340 "Cuda" produce that that 151 Formula S 340 coupes were produced as you couldn't get a 340 in a regular Barracuda.

There is no records of the 340 Formula "S" Barracuda. There are records on the 340 Cuda but that is different. It can be sumised that with 219 coups produced with a 340 and a 4sp and 68 340 "Cuda" produce that that 151 Formula S 340 coupes were produced as you couldn't get a 340 in a regular Barracuda.
i'm assuming Galen Glover would know this right?

What is a notchback, why the variation, and what years was a nothchback manufactured (limited edition or something)? Excuse my ignorance (have a '65 Formula S myself). Thank you.

67, 68 and 69. Notchback as opposed to Fastback. The fastback was the more sporty of the two and more popular for some strange reason. Maybe it was the psychedelics of the late sixties.

From the ad:

This car is rust free except for the most minescule surface rust under the spare tire that would pretty much wipe off with a rag.

So why didn't he wipe it off? These ads kill me...

i'm assuming Galen Glover would know this right?

No. If there are no breakdown records he would not know.

What's in Galens Registry is irrelevant to what was actually produced. It's just a list of cars that have paid him to look at.

Last edited:
No. If there are no breakdown records he would not know.

What's in Galens Registry is irrelevant to what was actually produced. It's just a list of cars that have paid him to look at.
thats what I'm saying. he would know that there are no records and therefore its not verifiable?

I'm not familiar with 69 numbers. But you're right in 1969 you can get the 340 in three separate packages: Barracuda, 'Cuda, and Formula S.

But for 68 340 Formula S Coupe, there is a breakdown of 4spd vs Auto. And yes, all 68 340 cars were Formula S. No 'Cuda option package for 1968.

1968 340 Formula S coupe production #'s (BH23)
516 auto
351 4spd

I don't have the patience to read the whole ad but this guy is a dandy. Ya Galen couldn't find another one. (there are no records) It must be a 1 of 1. Not correct engine. (must be a warranty block. Distributor custom curved by Hemi George. (that will add another 10 grand to the price. ETC. This guy is a slickster, a used car salesman. I doubt if he is a car guy let alone a Mopar guy. His E bay business is coins, gems, and crystal's. He's just a fortune hunter. We should all bomb his ad with $10,000 offerers. LOL

we should all report it as a misrepresented vehicle haha

Too many people watching Richard Rawlings and his spin off crew at Misfit garage. They don't realize that its just TV.

-
Back