Classic Industries Shipping

-

SharpDart71

Reaction score
Holy crap, I spit my coffee out, went to order a car cover that would probably weigh what, 10lbs? $25 for regular ground shipping and the another $4 charge for "insurance". What in God's great earth is online ordering coming to? Companies trying to make quick money off of people who don't pay attention during checkout for shipping.Thank god Car Covers has free shipping and 10 year warranty.

What a joke. End rant

Classic may be shipping from Canada?
Size matters too. Car covers are a bit large depending on the size of car of course.

Kind of like $5.00 shipping on a set of $4.00 decals. Shipping is just another profit source for this sad *** company.

Before you jump the gun and blame the company for shipping rates, you had better first *****, moan, cry, complain, to the CEO's of the USPS, FEDEX, UPS, DHL, companies, as to rates they charge in getting packages from point A, to point B, in this day and age.
They are the ones that set the rates, and it has been through the roof, the past few years.
And that's the way it is, and you can't do a damm thing about it.
I sell parts on this forum, and other Mopar related web sites, and lotsa times the quote i hafta give somebody for the shipping to zip code XXXXX is the deal breaker on selling parts.
It's just too expensive, in me sending something starting out here in California, say to New York, of Florida, all the way across the country.
Now end my "rant"
Jim V.
hemi71x

And if a company says "free shipping" on an order, in the long run it's not free at all.
Somebody is going to hafta pay for it in the long run.
It's probably marked up in the cost of the part to begin with, and your never going to know it, and or the shipping carriers might be giving a break to the company as to the large volume that they ship thru them, but after that every other person probably pays lots more to make up for it.
These shipping companies are smart, and they aren't going to lose out on any revenue, for their bottom line.

Last edited:
Classic may be shipping from Canada?
Size matters too. Car covers are a bit large depending on the size of car of course.
Size? Yep your charged on size of box too, another scam companies employ to jack shipping cost up and probably retain an amount. I made an order from steele, windshield gasket, etc.
It came in a box 2/3rds larger than the items inside. Totally unnecessary waste of space.

Size? Yep your charged on size of box too, another scam companies employ to jack shipping cost up and probably retain an amount. I made an order from steele, windshield gasket, etc.
It came in a box 2/3rds larger than the items inside. Totally unnecessary waste of space.

Companies don't stock lotsa different size boxes to package up their parts in, and then send them out.
It's just not cost effective, and profitable to do that.
So sometimes you will get something that seems to be way overboard for what's inside it.
I deal a lot with Rock Auto and i notice that quite a bit, but then they buy standardized boxes to ship their parts.

I just ordered a couple of parts from them using their most recent discount code. By the time the shipping was added back in, I had only saved $8 from what was originally shown as about $45 in savings. Sweet business model! I really need to stop buying stuff from them, but I just can't help myself.

I ordered a cover for my Indy Sprint car while I was at the Good Guys show at Pleasanton CA two weekends ago. I drove up to their booth and they spent a better part of an hour measuring the car for the cover. My observation is that they are a class act. They sure bent over backwards to help me.
Shipping is what it is, the vendor doesn't set the rates, the shipping agency does.

IMG_0318.jpg

I ordered a cover for my Indy Sprint car while I was at the Good Guys show at Pleasanton CA two weekends ago. I drove up to their booth and they spent a better part of an hour measuring the car for the cover. My observation is that they are a class act. They sure bent over backwards to help me.
Shipping is what it is, the vendor doesn't set the rates, the shipping agency does.

View attachment 1715089364
Shipping has become a deal killer for sure. I`m getting a friend at church to sew some king size sheets together, that will work for my fish in the garage.

I have bought a lot from Classic Industries and have found them to be fair.
My peeve is the companies that charge a minimum 9.95 whether it's a $3 part that can be mailed in a padded envelope. Summit is one.

Exactly. The $4.00 decal came by USPS for $1 and change...but Classic charged $5.00 to ship. Funny they forgot to send me a refund...That was some time ago. Classic might have an even more pricy standard shipping fee now... But hey we all have a choice to buy or not to buy from them. Myself, I go through Mega Parts and have been very happy with their services and prices.

So I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a fan shroud. Everyone wants about the same, $135. This past weekend Classic has it for $119. I click, drag, add to cart. Classic adds shipping, insurance, price gouging and I'm up to almost $150.
I go to Jegs.com and they match the $119 and free shipping.

The other part to remember about shipping is that most companies have to pay a staff to pull and pack inventory for shipping so they add that cost onto whatever the shipping company charges them.

The cost of an employee to spend even just 10 minutes to pull a decal from inventory, put it into an envelope, print and attach the shipping label, and then place it in the pick-up area equals about $3 for a minimum wage worker when you figure all employment costs to the business. Add in the fact that they have to carry that employee even when there is a lull in orders and you can understand why they want to maintain a $5 minimum shipping charge...even for just a decal in an envelope.

So I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a fan shroud. Everyone wants about the same, $135. This past weekend Classic has it for $119. I click, drag, add to cart. Classic adds shipping, insurance, price gouging and I'm up to almost $150.
I go to Jegs.com and they match the $119 and free shipping.

I don't know about Classic's shipping prices, but i will bet you a dollar to a rolling doughnut, that Classis isn't getting a break from UPS, FEDEX, or maybe the USPS, in their shipping, but JEGS does, due to their large volume that they send out.
The real big boys, get to negotiate shipping contracts with the carriers.
My .02 cents.

Looked at Dutchman's axles,think it was 279 for the pair, with shipping and exchange im going to break 450. Got an e-mail yesterday,a shop in the city may have a pair. If he does, a 60 mile drive and detour for my eye appt i will have what i need to move forward.

I bought 2 tiny parts for my lathe,40 and 35 shipping.
It happens.

Looked at Dutchman's axles,think it was 279 for the pair, with shipping and exchange im going to break 450. Got an e-mail yesterday,a shop in the city may have a pair. If he does, a 60 mile drive and detour for my eye appt i will have what i need to move forward.

I bought 2 tiny parts for my lathe,40 and 35 shipping.
It happens.

I'll bet that $35.00 was for a small USPS Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box too.
Getting stuff to you guys into Canada is lotsa $$$$$$$$.
I was just over the local post office this morning and was told what i normally send out went up Tuesday.
Think the flat rate prices stayed the same, but everything else, other than flat rate, has now gone up, again.

I have bought a lot from Classic Industries and have found them to be fair.
My peeve is the companies that charge a minimum 9.95 whether it's a $3 part that can be mailed in a padded envelope. Summit is one.
I order only repop parts from classic. I gladly pay the shipping for parts I couldn't get 25 years ago.
Summit and Jegs is where I spend most of money, 99 bucks and free shipping.

-
Back