Cleaned up my plug wires

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Got tired of looking at the crappy plug wires on my engine so I bought some 8mm Taylor wires and some billet holders. Looks a lot better now and the wires are away from the headers.
In the before picture you can see where I had to put some electrical tape over a burned up wire. Did that while I was timing the beast.

Attachments

• P1000878.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 309
  • P1000879.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 299
  • P1000886.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 294
  • P1000884.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 292
  • P1000871.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 296
Vast improvement and no worries about spark bleed. Nice job. Who makes the holders?

Those are pretty nice looking. I was thinking about a pair since I have the HP manifolds without the factory high priced shield. Here is a link to a pair of the cast aluminum ones on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141295012539?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Those are similar the ones I used. I made my own brackets though so I could raise them higer then the brackets that came with them. Mine where made by www.racingpowercompany.com part # R6038

I bought them through NAPA.

Very nice!

Were you still able to use the standard pre-cut wires with the new routing, or did you have to adjust a few of the lengths?

Super clean look. It's amazing how many people overlook spark plug wire routing. - Nice work.

Along those same lines, does anyone mske a crab-cap or internally redirected cap for the std mopar distributor? Woyld ge nice to get the wires exiting the cap on the correct sides instead of the spaghetti off the cap behind the carb.

Along those same lines, does anyone mske a crab-cap or internally redirected cap for the std mopar distributor? Woyld ge nice to get the wires exiting the cap on the correct sides instead of the spaghetti off the cap behind the carb.

I tried to find one last year and as far as I can tell, nobody makes a cap like that to fit any distributor in a s/b Mopar.

-
Back