cleaning windshield washer squirters

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
found a "f" fitting for the windheild washer hose, have the original squirters and would like to reuse them rather than pay big bucks for the repop kit. They are covered with over spray, that part shouldn't be too hard, either a light dusting in the sand cabinet or soak in some paint remover. I can blow through one squirter but the other is plugged up, any ideas to unclog it? I have had the car 20 years and the "f" fitting has been broke since I bought it, so they haven't been hooked up in at least that long.
Thanks
Aaron

found a "f" fitting for the windheild washer hose, have the original squirters and would like to reuse them rather than pay big bucks for the repop kit. They are covered with over spray, that part shouldn't be too hard, either a light dusting in the sand cabinet or soak in some paint remover. I can blow through one squirter but the other is plugged up, any ideas to unclog it? I have had the car 20 years and the "f" fitting has been broke since I bought it, so they haven't been hooked up in at least that long.
Thanks
Aaron
I used acetylene/oxy. welders tip cleaning tool(really small one ) and just wiggled it in there till it cleared and then ran one through to clean it out all the way/ they work great now!

Blow harder...... jk.
Were did you find the F fitting? I need one as I tried to use mine for the first time and it snaped

Thanks
Aaron

A needle?

Soak them in SLR or carb cleaner overnight and wash them well the next day.
Then blow them out with compressed air to get out any of the remaining greeblies.

Soak them for a couple of days in mineral spirits, run a small diameter wire thru them.
Blow out with compressed air.

Found MY "F" fitting in a 78 Dodge (van based)motorhome. Just got curious one day and checked some of the junk I had laying around. My Omni was way different, so I checked the motorhome, I had to trace the hoses to find the "F", but it was in perfect shape and the same as the dart. I assume all Dodge vans of that era would be the same. I was able to find dad's torch welding cleaner tip tool (a feat in itself as they haven't been used in probably 30+ years) and get them cleaned out might soak them in clr also.
Thanks
Aaron

Now, a broken "G" string would be interesting, but for different reasons!:blob::prayer::blob:

LOL Darwin!

You just wait darlin. I'm working on the latest giveaway item for PSC right now ... and you guys are gonna LOVE IT. :-D

Oh no Darwin [and NEVER in pink especially]. It's a fun little swag thing for customers, most of whom are men and who wouldn't be caught dead in those. (Besides, PSC already has a shop themed thong anyway heh hehhhhh. :-D) Can't be hijacking the windshield squirter thread anymore but trust me, I'll let you know when it's ready. I'm certain they'll be a big hit.

-
Back