clearance.

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need a favor. does anyone know how much clearance there is from a 440 to the hood? Mine will have allow rise single plane intake. Needing measurement from top of carb to bottom of hood. Thanks

I need a favor. does anyone know how much clearance there is from a 440 to the hood? Mine will have allow rise single plane intake. Needing measurement from top of carb to bottom of hood. Thanks

More info please eg. what's it going in, what carb sits on top, what engine mounts did you use? Typically even with an inverted base air cleaner and 2" tall element you ain't talking more than a couple of inches if any.

Terry

Duh. That would help. My bad. 74 dart swinger. Schumacher Mount. holley carb. Also. Does anyone know how far forward the center of the carb will be from the firewall?

It's all in the height of the intake and there isn't enough information to determine how yours will. My son's 440 sits on a home-built DC k-member (contrary to some opinions the engine does NOT sit higher than stock) with a stock 1967 440 intake and Carter/Brock carb. The air cleaner is a factory 69 383 air grabber with the neck cut down about 3/4". It barely clears, but that is a TALL air cleaner. My Barracuda will get the same treatment.

Running a torker 2. I'm just curious mainly. I have already ditched the flat hood for a fiberglass hood with built in 6 pack scoop that adds about 6 inches. Just curious if I had stuck with the flat hood if it'd cleared

Duke - I have a 71 Dart, 440 Schumacher mounts, M1, Holley 750 and nitrous plate. I have clearance for a wrap over style air cleaner under the stock hood. Look through my post and you can see it. Hope this helps

-
Back