Clifford Intake & headers Video pics all done

-

matt71vh

Reaction score
Hey guys, i am happy to say that the headers intake exhaust and ac That I have been working on for the past couple of weeks is finally done. Here is a link to my a short video I took after putting on the headers I also added some pictures of the setup. I will try and put up a video tomorrow that shows the car running and so you can hear the exhaust
I really love the way the new system sounds and I am very happy with the seat of the pants performance gains.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiu_TFjiJo"]1972 dodge dart Slant 6 with Clifford Performance intake and open headers with weber 38 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhxP3vNCPk&feature=youtu.be"]Clifford Intake Headers Slant 6 W/ Classic Auto Air Installed / Dual 2.25 w/Xpipe flowmaster - YouTube[/ame]

http://1972dodgedartcustomslant6.shutterfly.com/pictures

The intake and Headers are both Clifford Performance.
The carburetor is a Weber 38.
The exhaust is 2.25 dual flowbastards with X pipe turned down at the axle.
The ac is from classic auto air and blows cold and strong + it provides new heater box with defroster.

P.S. Those are bucket sets I got from an intrepid and that is a booster in the back for my kid, after all it IS a family car lol.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,403
  • 005.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,328
  • 002.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,588
  • 009.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,255
  • 008.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,472
  • 001.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,251
  • 016.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,181
  • 014.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,157
  • 013.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,195
  • 011.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,245
It is a Weber 38 with electric choke.

I like the look :cheers: you have dun a great job Matt, just one question if you don't mind, what cfm is the Weber ? :eek:ops: and cost/location you got it :glasses7:

I like the look :cheers: you have dun a great job Matt, just one question if you don't mind, what cfm is the Weber ? :eek:ops: and cost/location you got it :glasses7:

Thanks for the compliment!! She is riding beautifully right now! Regarding the Weber, it is a Redline Weber set up by Clifford Performance and Please anyone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure the Weber DGES is rated at 380-390 cfm.
I paid $1200 for the kit which contained the Carb Intake Headers gaskets and fuel regulator. But I think you can get just the carb for like $400 new from redline which is where Clifford gets it.

How are you going to connect PCV?

Good question because in the pictures it is not hooked up and I actually took those about 2 -3 hours before it was buttoned up. What we did was use a T connection and share vacuum with the booster and so far so good.

Wow! I like the cfm #'s :thumleft: and it is a 2 barrel :colors::colors:
I may have to rethink my 390 Holley carb, it's been a great carb for 4 years.
But having a non secondary may be another good upgrade for me :colors:

Attachments

• Speep%20056.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 1,032
  • Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20033.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 985
Wow! I like the cfm #'s :thumleft: and it is a 2 barrel :colors::colors:
I may have to rethink my 390 Holley carb, it's been a great carb for 4 years.
But having a non secondary may be another good upgrade for me :colors:

Well now that I have had it for a week and driving back and forth to work there is surprisingly few adjustments I have had to make and the engine seems to really like the Weber, the intake and headers.

I really like your setup too. Did you make that exhaust manifold? I have never seen one like that before. Also the air box is clever they have a hat for the Weber carb that would work with your setup.

http://www.lceperformance.com/Weber-Carburetor-Hat-w-Tube-Kit-w-o-Air-Filter-p/1035031.htm

Well now that I have had it for a week and driving back and forth to work there is surprisingly few adjustments I have had to make and the engine seems to really like the Weber, the intake and headers.

I really like your setup too. Did you make that exhaust manifold? I have never seen one like that before. Also the air box is clever they have a hat for the Weber carb that would work with your setup.

http://www.lceperformance.com/Weber-Carburetor-Hat-w-Tube-Kit-w-o-Air-Filter-p/1035031.htm

Our member in Florida waggin built this set for me 4 years ago and they have been flawless for 18.000 miles, My 170/ likes them, the air box came from a 96 4.0 Jeep that keeps cool fresh air feeding my engine :colors: Thank you Matt, it has been a great system, I had Billy (leanna's man) go threw the 390 Holley over 3 years ago to make sure no one has messed with it , like changing jets or something, he did a complete rebuild on it and now I know it is a tried and true 390 cfm.

memike stay with your carb, tuned properly it will get better mpg... also have you tried playing with getting for better mpg?

matt71, you have a pic of how you ran the exhaust. I would like to see it as I want to do the same with my 67 FB. Also what headers did you get?

Hey Matt nice work. I did the same upgrade thru Clifford. When I drove car after installing everything I could not go over 50 mph or up a steep hill with out it sputtering. Like it was starving for gas. According to Clifford performance it should have been ready to go. I adjusted the float but it still runs out of gas at about 65 from a dead dig. I made it better but I am no certain how to adjust the float. It is a 38/38 DGES. It looks like yours. Plus I get vapor lock with the air on. I have wrapped the headers and ran the gas line along side the a/c cold line and insulated it. Sorry for the long post. Any help would be awesome. Also I installed 2 9" push fans in front of the condenser. Did not help except the air stays cold at the stupid 5 minute lights here in Florida. Thanks Dale.

Hey Matt nice work. I did the same upgrade thru Clifford. When I drove car after installing everything I could not go over 50 mph or up a steep hill with out it sputtering. Like it was starving for gas. According to Clifford performance it should have been ready to go. I adjusted the float but it still runs out of gas at about 65 from a dead dig. I made it better but I am no certain how to adjust the float. It is a 38/38 DGES. It looks like yours. Plus I get vapor lock with the air on. I have wrapped the headers and ran the gas line along side the a/c cold line and insulated it. Sorry for the long post. Any help would be awesome. Also I installed 2 9" push fans in front of the condenser. Did not help except the air stays cold at the stupid 5 minute lights here in Florida. Thanks Dale.

I had that same issue. I doubt it is the floats. If you installed the fuel regulator I would start there first. On one side there is a nut with lock nut set up. Remove the closed end nut and you will see the adjustment screw. loosen the lock nut and then screw the screw in a couple to three turns to allow more gas to flow. I too messed with the carburetor first with no luck. You will have to mess with the idle mixture after this, but if I am right you will notice instant performance improvement.

I hope this helps . good luck and let me know if this helps.

I have adjusted the fuel regulator to 6psi with no improvement. Everything I have seen says webers snort to be supplied over 3.5 psi. The needle valve will not shut tight with a higher pressure.

I adusted the float. Now the car pulls hard through all the gears. Big difference in get up and go. Thanks for your input Matt.

-
Back