Clone Hostility

-
Well, I myself am of the mind set of "it's your car, do as you see fit." Though cloning a car devalues a the real deal a little bit because the rare or hard to find option is not so rare anymore. You can see one any where even though it is not the real deal.

The real life hurt is passing it off as the real deal instead of being honest. Otherwise, enjoy YOUR CAR the way YOU WANT TO Enjoy the car!
this^^^

nothing wrong with it long as your not trying to saleit. hell i have thought about geeting a decal to go where fender tag thats says built my way!!!

Here's mine, cloned SS, F'..em' if they don't like it, i couldn't give two $hits less. I drive the wheels off it. They ALL look when the cammed out 440 with open exhaust comes rumbleing in. :D

Attachments

• 1200.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 174
  • small1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 183
  • smallcopy.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_9574small last on1st gal..jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_9557small.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_7908small.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 178
I personally have seen nicer clones than originals ... but label it as clone if asked ... don't ask original car prices if a cloned car ... personnally i will not callout a liar if i know it is a clone ...

70aarcuda;1969765557]make that 3 *****...

Make it only one. I could not spare even one for the neurotic clone haters. :D

I do hate lying (about anything).

My clone and proud of it. A real LL23 car.

Attachments

• DSCN0342.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Dart at the Farm 11-2010 038.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Dart at the Farm 11-2010 082.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Dart at the Farm 11-2010 002.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 169
Don't have a problem with clones, but always wonder how many sellers a car goes through before it is being sold as a true GTO(or whatever). If I where to build a car with motor swap, I think I would go in the sleeper direction, rather than a clone.

I personally don’t care, but I can see why someone would be concerned about clones devaluing their non clone cars.

And because some people also take things too seriously.
Some day I'm going to "clone" a 4 door Valiant and see if anyone get's upset.
Oh, what's that you say? No one will care?
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=33720&highlight=re-body

"Another thing that makes me mad is when someone will go on about how they replaced every panel on thier original car and get mad at my original panels clone!!! Which of these two cars is more original???" Dartman, see the link.

Build it the way you want. Lemans /Tempest / GTO I wouldnt care what other people think of my car. Just drive it like you stole it and have fun. My 66 Satellite people ask is it a GTX..lol I tell them I wish.

I have some of both original #'s matching and clones, the bottom line is if your not writing the check your opinion does't matter.

Mine was a slant 6 auto on column, no power anything except top

Had a fender tag made that says GTS CLONE

I'm not trying to pass it off as real

Now have a buddy with a factory 318 sunroof car that has been done into a fully loaded 440 6 pak car, if really questioned he will say it is a clone

So what do you think of my clone?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 125
A cloned Mopar is still better than a "real" hi-po Chevy.

I see no problem with cloning if, like everyone else has said, there is no attempt to pass it off as real. But then, with a Mopar, there's really no chance of that happening if the buyer has any clue.

A bigger issue is people taking the title, VIN, body stampings, and fender tag from a trashed factory hi-po car, sticking it on a good /6 car shell, then building it up and passing it off as the real factory hi-po car. It happens.

My clone started out as a slant six, but now sports a built 360,
with 727, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.55 gears. It has power steering
and power disc brakes. I freely admit to everyone it is a clone.
I don't hide that fact.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

Attachments

• water heater 013.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 118
  • water heater 002.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Ford Ranger 021.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Trailer pickup Port Hope 2012 049.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 076.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_4075.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_3958.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_3871.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_3867.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_3545.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 109
i personally dont give 2 ***** what anyone thinks about what i build for myself.

Hell yeah, my thoughts exactly, just build it the way you want, really I'll bet there are very few cars left that have had no modifications done , and just because you badge them different from original is not against the law, just be honest when, and if you sell it. I personally would buy a correctly done clone over a real deal car just based on price, if it is done right.

I don't hide that fact.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

Nice work man, awesome looking car! I love to start with a clean 6 cyl car, they never had the **** beat out of them like the 340 car's.

One of the nicest Demons on here you should be proud.
I don't hide that fact.

Wilson
Ontario Canada

Thank you....I was always taught if you are going to do anything....
do it right. No sense in doing half ***.

Wilson

Attachments

• water heater 003.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 91
  • water heater 027.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 105
  • water heater 031.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 88
  • water heater 017.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 105
  • water heater 029.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 97
Yep I am building a '78 Super Coupe, clone, er well tribute is more like it. Mine is being built my way with manual steering, brakes, and trans unlike the real ones. I also plan of driving to crap out of it and saw no point in shelling out for a real one that doesn't have what I want on it; and being as rare as a Daytona would feel guilty about modifying.

I guess you could say my swinger is a clone or tribute too as it started as a /6 car and now is done up like a 340 car, but hey I drive it all the time and would much rather have a car I drive a lot then a dust collector.

Same here. although i like to think of mine as a period correct. lol
my 71 demon originally was a /6 auto with a 7 1/4 rear. now she's powered by a 69 340 a 68 A833 and a 70 8 3/4 rear. which knowing chrysler could have been used even in later years down the assembly line. but i never try to pass her off as an original 340 4 speed.
but honestly no one hes ever asked if was an original 340 4 speed.

View attachment WP_000651.jpg

View attachment WP_000654.jpg

View attachment WP_000662.jpg

Now I see why the guys who pay for "correct" cars are mad. These are nice cars!
:blob::blob::blob:

I got a '65 Formula S and nothing in the car is "S" anymore except the 5 leaf springs and the "eyebrow" trunk divider for the fatter spare....I must be doing something wrong!

-
Back