Clutch Flite Transmission Wanted

-

KP

Reaction score
I am looking for a complete Clutch Flite Mopar Transmission

It is a 727 with the belhousing cut off and adapted to use a clutch instead of a torque convertor. You then bolt it up to a stick bellhousing. They have been nicknamed a poor mans Lenco. You leave with the clutch but you shift without the clutch.

Chuck

KSP, I haven't heard someone bring up a ClutchFlite in a very long time. What are your plans for it?

There is a reason for that. For all the concern over exploding TorqueFlites ClutchFlites are proably the most notorious exploders of all. If you think shocking an over running clutch with a torque converter is bad, it's nothing compared to what a clutch will do.

Also if you've never driven a car with a ClutchFlite or a ClutchTurbo you have no idea how brutal they are. With no converter to soften the shift they will knock the fillings out of your teeth and test the integrity of your unibody structure everytime they shift.

But good luck in your quest.

B&M even sold these for a time, way back in like 77-to early 80s. Had this for a while then went to a manual valve body with a looser convertor.

They were fun, but I broke a lot of u-joints.

Contact Tony Kane at Hughes Transmissions--he had one lying around for a long time--he might still have it.

I ran a clutchflight for 10 years never lost a u-joint
or trans. I built it myself and used a B&M low band apply
valve body. I had a B&M first but moved up to a Winters
and the Winters was the better of the two. Red Roberts
at Mcleod clutches built me a two disc clutch.
I had the B&M in a '65 Dart with a built 383, leave the
line at 7200 and shift at 7200 would do high 11's at
115. The Winters was in a '71 Challenger with a built
383 and leave at 7500 and shift at 7500 was a low
11 second 121 mph car. Loved that transmission.
The early Pro Stocks 1971 era used them prior to the Lenco.
Hope you find one.
cudaJ

Found this ad for ya.

Chrysler Big Block Parts: Hogan's Sheet metal manifold B-1 org heads, Hat Injector w/nozzle, jets, pump, crower 2 disc clutch, McCloud single disc clutch, alum dragster radiator w/fan-new, clutch flight trans 727, Torque flight 727 w/JW 8 in. brake, SMI Convertor 9" new, JW 8 in. converter, KB ultra oil pump. CONTACT: Steve (707)725-5134.

And this has a chevy bell housing on it.
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/846911/727-clutchflight-trans-chevy-pattern.html

Just proves that the 727 is a tuff trans when even the fords and chevy guys used em...

-
Back