Clutch for a '04.5 6-speed Cummins

-

mopardug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon sportsfans.
I've got a Crew Cab dually, with the 325 HP Cummins & a 6-speed. She's got less than 240K on the clock. I'm going to be using her to haul & tow a car or two. She's stock, & I'm not planning on adding a chip.
Occasionally I have to double-clutch to get her in a gear, & have been told that she needs a clutch.
What are you guys using?
Thanks for the help!
BTW She's 2WD...

Last edited:
South bend dual disc all our Diesels sticks we own. My first 05 I added a chip a 5000 miles the oringinal clutch lasted not even through 3rd gear on the first drive with the chip. I went to a CONFE single disc south bend. tore the center of the disc out in 5k on extreme performance setting. Now I have twin discs in trucks I have towed up to 32k Excavator and skid loaded at the same time on this trailer. the one truck is at 250,000 the other is at 150,000 no issues. We build a lot of Diesel common rail trucks over the years

spoiler pics 019.jpg

Picture 324.jpg

DSCN2757.JPG

DSCN0932.JPG

20140524_114805.jpg

Picture 161.jpg

Picture 162.jpg

Picture 219.jpg

DSCF0192[1].jpg

1.JPG

South Bend Street Dual. 3600 lb pressure plate should do you just fine. All three of our diesels have them in them now as does my Jeep. Best dang clutches behind a diesel I’ve found yet. And believe me, I tried pretty much all of them.

Call them direct, often you can get cheaper deal than going thru a distributor. They typically don’t like to have stuff sitting for long in storage waiting to sale.

-
Back