Clutch fork pivot

-

iw378

Reaction score
Here's what I have, 70 318 putting a 4 speed on it. I have a mcleod billet flywheel
and a mcleod street pro clutch and pressuer plate. All going in a 67 valiant. Anyways I installed the flywheel clutch and pressure plate. stabbed the transmission on. All went smooth.
I am assembling on a k frame stand. The to bearing has less than an eight of inch of play between the pressure plate fingers and the clutch fork is almost all the way forward in the hole in the bellhousing. No room for the boot without making the to bearing contact the fingers.
I have a 3517534 bellhousing. I think I have the wrong pivot. do any of you guys have the dimensions for the right one. Here is the pivot I have.
IMG_0931.jpg

Is that a diaphragm clutch? I had a similar situation with a CenterForce.I have that same anchor/pivot, also in a 1970 house.I slammed it together and installed a heavy return spring, and promptly forgot about it.......
PS, you got the TO springs properly engaged on the fork-tips, right?

I dont see how you are running that pivot. I just double checked and when the fork is fully engaged in the pivot the to bearing is 3/4 of an inch past crank centerline. I did not notice that when I assembled the tranny to it that the recess in the fork for the pivot was still 3/4 of an inch from seating. I have the correct one on the way.

Glad to help you spend your money, lol!!

-
Back