Clutch Linkage

-
I don't think the pedal returns properly. Those PP's don't use a spring.

Gotcha. I'll take the beast off of there and store it away. And gladly. That spring has launched that pedal at me too many times with force (cleaning,sandblasting,rebuilding).

I put in a McLeod clutch on my Dart. I haven't run it yet. Car is still being built.

Been reading a lot about beefing up the z-bar and the firewall because of the stronger than stock pressure plate. Question I have, what needs to be done? Does anyone have any pics of what modifications are needed? I'd like to address these before I put the linkage in. I'll be putting a set of TTI headers on this car as well, and I don't want to make any modifications to the z-bar that will interfere with it.

Appreciate any advice anyone can give. I like to do it right the first time, and anything anyone can recommend is very welcome.
I put a 426 Hemi 4spd Dana 60 in a 69 Barracuda Fastback. I used the McLeod clutch. Never had any issues with installation or useage over the years. Engine has been in the car for40 years now. I tried running headers when I installed the engine but the headers would touch the ground on any small dips.And yes I have the heavy torsion bars as well, So I removed them and went with manifolds

I decided to pull the automatic out of my Dart and put in an overdrive four speed for fun highway driving since the car was originally a stick car. I put a 75209 McLeod clutch in it and at first hadn't removed the over center spring. The clutch pedal seemed to go down easier after about a third of the travel so I decided to remove the spring. The pedal pressure required is still about the same but the pressure required is not linear which I don't like. I would rather have it push harder as I get the pedal closer to the floor but it kind of gives way about half way down just like when it still had the over center spring installed. To me it's not good for speed shifting. I am used to the Borg and Beck heavy pressure feel. I put a Zoom brand diaphragm clutch in my old Dodge truck and it feels right like the old Borg and Beck but requires less pressure. The McLeod clutch holds great and is smooth engaging but with the pedal wanting to go to the floor so easy, I can't really speed shift it. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue with a McLeod clutch.

-
Back