clutch pedal rubber stop

-

gunmetal72

Life is a dark ride
Reaction score
I just went through something that I have never run across before so thought I would pass this along in case some might be having the same issue. Because the rubber stop under the dash on the clutch pedal was worn out, the pedal sits higher than the break pedal and that gave me more pedal travel when I adjusted the clutch rod, thinking the extra push due to the wear on the pedal was no big deal. In fact because of the extra push on the clutch rod due to the way it was set, (1 in. of free travel) I was pushing the fingers on the clutch plate into the springs on the clutch plate which would not disengage the clutch. I gave the pedal about 4 in. of free play and it works fine. So, I am looking for some manufacture that makes the rubber stop that fits under the dash on the clutch linkage to stop the pedal from coming back too far. Anyone know where I can find it?

Its only 1/2" thick, if that. If you adjusted it 4", there is sumtin else wrong. Don't think bump stop will do anything for ya.

Thanks i will give them a try. If the new stop will me 1/2 in on the stop it should will give me 3 or 4 in on the pedal. I will put a new one in and let you know...... Thanks again for the help

-
Back