Clutch plate resurface

-

valiant1966

Reaction score
Okay, it may be a silly question but does anyone resurface original clutch plates? Before anyone asks, no I don't mean the pressure plate or the flywheel. A friend has a 1 of 300 built car and has this thing about having the original clutch plate rebuilt. It's a 66 and he has owned the car since new and it has the original clutch in it. Thanks in advance for any help. Dennis

Okay, it may be a silly question but does anyone resurface original clutch plates? Before anyone asks, no I don't mean the pressure plate or the flywheel. A friend has a 1 of 300 built car and has this thing about having the original clutch plate rebuilt. It's a 66 and he has owned the car since new and it has the original clutch in it. Thanks in advance for any help. Dennis

I have had a clutch disc rebuilt. It was a local shop in Idaho Falls Idaho. Did you do a google search?

Try this:
http://www.allfrictions.com/productsservices.html

Sure, they can be relined. What do you think you buy when you buy a reman clutch kit and have to turn in a core?

If he really wants to assure himself he gets the same core back, he needs to mark it somehow so he will know he gets the same one back.

I have had a clutch disc rebuilt. It was a local shop in Idaho Falls Idaho. Did you do a google search?

No. Didn't do a search. Just thought someone on here might have some personal experience they would like to share.

maybe they can reline it, what is this one of 300 ?

It's not an a-body. It's a 66 hemi Coronet.

Thanks. I'll take a look.

Sure, they can be relined. What do you think you buy when you buy a reman clutch kit and have to turn in a core?

I was aware of that of course but didn't know if anyone did it on a one to one basis.

If he really wants to assure himself he gets the same core back, he needs to mark it somehow so he will know he gets the same one back.

Yeah. That's what we have done on anything on the car that we have sent out. Or we set up an appointment so we could be there the whole time with the part.

Good stuff. Thanks.

-
Back