Coil Location

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
Where are most of you guys running your ignition coil on your small block A -bodies?

I am thinking of relocating mine to the right side fender, to escape some heat. Any pics or information on where others are putting theirs would be great.

ya it makes you wonder dont it.Ma mopar had it on the intake from day one it was fine there why not now.Someone answer that would ya.

ya it makes you wonder dont it.Ma mopar had it on the intake from day one it was fine there why not now.Someone answer that would ya.
By the same logic, there's no reason for anyone to run headers, stroker cranks or aftermarket wheels. There's always room to personalize a car. ;-)

Mine is crudely mounted to the firewall until I devise a solution to place it in the fender area without the wires having some potential of suffering a terrible fate.

Most after market intakes do not have a provision for coils on the intakes.

I also put mine on the firewall, The problem with putting it on the fenderwell is the coilwire is not long enough, And you'll end up with one oddball wire

I used to run mine on the pass fender when I had my slant, then I realized later when I got my v8 that the coil wire has less resistance when it's a lot shorter.
You can mount it where ever though if you like.

For best performance and longevity u should mount oil filled coils upright away from any heat. I mount mine on the firewall in an upright position. On an early Abody the blower motor bolts work perfectly and looks good. U just need longer wire to reach.

-
Back