coil over conversion

• Thread starter Deleted member 36901
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 36901

Has any buddy done a coil over conversion other than magnaforce and alterkation I'd like to do coils and a rack and pinion I'm gonna have the cage tie into the shock tower to help strengthen the structure I've seen people remove inner fenders . I'd like to see pictures if anyone has any of there combination's I'd appreciate it

I'm sure there have been but a kit, like the two you brought up, are simpler. That said, whats the reason for wanting to convert to coilover (I'm not judging, just asking). The only other place that you could get a kit that I can think of is from the roadster shop http://roadstershop.com/

That said they use a modern hub design off a c6 corvette vs the standard mustang 2 setup.

If you want a rack and pinion that works your options are quite limited. I haven't seen anyone convert the factory k member etc into using a rack that looked and functioned nice. If you want coil and a rack set up just save you $ and get a hemi Denny set up.

Reason for coil over conversion is try to drop a little wait and clearance for headers things like that

Drop spindles give 2in drop. Torsion bars lowered 1/2 in before low profile bumpstops is pretty low too

Look up member HemiDenny. He is building some nice kits.

Reason for coil over conversion is try to drop a little wait and clearance for headers things like that
You'll save 33 lbs with the HDK kit. If anybody that makes a statement like "you'll save
100 lbs" (with some other brand) they are dreaming, but 33's not bad.

Once you install an HDK, RMS etc you loose the steering box, torsion bars and drag link.
You'll have so much room, even with a big block, that there will be no space issues with
headers whatsoever.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm liking the hemi Denny kit

-
Back