Coilover ladder bar suspension front shocks

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
For the coilover ladder bar torsion bar front suspension. What shocks are you running.

I'm running Competition Engineering adjustables set at 90/10 with limiters to arrest some of the upward travel.

I switched to Caltrac front shocks and now the front rises quickly drops quickly and bounces a couple times . Seems to unload the chassis some.

We backhalved my duster during the winter of 2006. I ran Comp Eng 3 way adjustable shocks on the front for years. Had them set at 90/10. Last year I bought QA1 stocker for the front. I like that they have more adjustability and can slow down the front end travel. Car doesn't seem to pull the front end as much even with the shocks on the loosest setting. My car has a 1.47 60ft and runs mid 10s on the footbrake with a 13" wide slick so I didn't think I needed a double adjustable shock. If I had a car that was much faster or smaller slick that'd I'd consider getting a double adjustable shock.

I had the old comp adjustables before and no problem. One started leaking so I put the Caltracs in since I had them. They are just to soft on the downward travel.

We have ce 3 way front shocks on 71 dart set at 90/10. Dart has run 10.30s with 10 inch slick with 360. 1.40 60 ft.

-
Back