Coming from OZ Woodward Dream Cruise Hotel?

-

moparspares

Reaction score
My brother and I are coming from Oz for Mopar Nats and Woodward DC. Got our accommodation booked for Mopar Nats however want something for Woodward.

My research says I want something between 11 and 14 mile rd Birmingham, Royal Oak however we will be legging it everywhere so we want something real close to Woodward Ave. Suggestions anyone?

If you happen to hear 2 aussie accents at Woodward and you drive a Mopar with room in the back seat open up your doors and we will be in like flynn

Hope you got something near Heath Ohio for the Nats.the cruising on Friday and Saturday night in Heath on state route 79 is off the hook.thousands of people line up on both sides of the 4-lane.tire smokin is more than welcome here!brice road on Friday did have action last year but the cops shut it down when cruising turned into a burnout competition near dirty Sally's.but Heath welcomes all of you and your cars,mild or wild,and your money spent here is also welcome and franklin county cops hate us for causing ruckus there when the nationals are in licking county at national trail raceway

Hope you got something near Heath Ohio for the Nats.the cruising on Friday and Saturday night in Heath on state route 79 is off the hook.thousands of people line up on both sides of the 4-lane.tire smokin is more than welcome here!brice road on Friday did have action last year but the cops shut it down when cruising turned into a burnout competition near dirty Sally's.but Heath welcomes all of you and your cars,mild or wild,and your money spent here is also welcome and franklin county cops hate us for causing ruckus there when the nationals are in licking county at national trail raceway

Lot of hotels were booked but got a hotel in Reynoldsburg. Sounds like a bit of a flea pit but its only a place to lie your head at night. Will have a car so will be no probs to get around. Hard to know where to stay when your coming from another country

I'm psyched about the Nats!!! First show I'll being goin to that consists of more than 50-75 cars!! Can't wait to meet fellow members! I think we're stayin in Lancaster, bout 20 minutes south of the Nats.

My brother and I are coming from Oz for Mopar Nats and Woodward DC. Got our accommodation booked for Mopar Nats however want something for Woodward.

My research says I want something between 11 and 14 mile rd Birmingham, Royal Oak however we will be legging it everywhere so we want something real close to Woodward Ave. Suggestions anyone?

If you happen to hear 2 aussie accents at Woodward and you drive a Mopar with room in the back seat open up your doors and we will be in like flynn

There are a few motels along woodward in the 11 mile to 14 mile areas. They may be full, and aren't as nice as most hotel chains, but are a place to hang your head.

Don't get anything south of 8 mile in the Detroit city limits, especially on Woodward. Very rough neighborhood and you will be lucky if your car is still there in the morning....

Royal Oak and Birmingham are ok if you can find a room near there.

Traffic on Woodward will be standstill between 12 mile and 14 mile roads on Saturday. The automotive companies set up their displays in that area. The street will be lined with spectators on both sides. It's fun to both cruise for a while, then park and take in the cruisers for a while also.

Even though the Dream Cruise is officially on Saturday, people will be cruising all week long. It gets real heavy on Thur, Fri, and Sat. The police usually shut down Woodward on Fri and Sat between 9 and 10 PM to clear the cruisers. (But it opens back up in a little while after 11 PM).

There is no experience like the Woodward cruise. You get to have fun and drive your car, along with watching them and viewing all the different display areas.

There's great restaurants near there.

Hong Kong 1 - 9 Mile and Livernois - Great Chinese food and will be done in 5-10 minutes. They can make anything, carryout only. I recommend the sweet & sour chicken or General chicken, but I haven't gotten anything bad from them ever - in over 25 years.

Comos Restaurant - 9 Mile and Woodward - Great Italian food, pizza. Has big indoor bar, eating area, and patio. He will have a waiting line all day long, but the food is great. The steak bites are awesome (appetizer). He will be open from at least 6 AM until past 2 AM.

Chicken Shack - Just south of 13 Mile on Woodward - great broasted chicken. I recommend trying their broasted chicken with their barbecue sauce and also dipping the broasted potatos in the barbecue sauce. He also gives out free pieces of chicken during the dream cruise, but you sometimes have to wait for it. He supports the cruisers.

Near Auburn Hills, just off Woodward at Opdyke Rd, there is a restaurant called Cedarland. Awesome arabic food! You gotta try this. I recommend the whole deboned chicken, shish-tawook (marinated chicken kabob) sandwich, Shwarma, Hummus. You won't walk out hungry. This is one of my favorite restaurants near Detroit.

There are also many other places to eat, but those are worth going to while you are there.

-
Back