-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Contact seller
I have 5 commando / charger style 273 V8 4bbl steel type baseplates. These have been cleaned, bead blasted, and repainted black. These have a 5&1/8" diameter hole for a 4bbl carb, and can be used with a commando / charger 273 V8, air cleaner lid, or with a charger 225 air cleaner lid as its the same stamping.These are ready to install.
The sale is for the base ONLY. .

I'd like to get $30 each base plate or best offer. Plus actual shipping cost. I will combine shipping, and work a deal on these for 2 or more. Will accept paypal.

Please PM me if interested, i check my PMs frequently , but may not check this thread as much.

Located in Abilene Tx.

I don't think those base plates were painted from the factory.

Factory Commando/Charger AFB uses the 4-1/8 opening. If you're using the AVS/ Holley carb that have 5-1/8 opening. These bases would be an adapter to correct fitment for the use of factory air cleaner lid.

Factory Commando/Charger AFB uses the 4-1/8 opening. If you're using the AVS/ Holley carb that have 5-1/8 opening. These bases would be an adapter to correct fitment for the use of factory air cleaner lid.

Yup, the Op needs to be more clear what he is selling, somebody will get confused and think its a factory base plate.

Yup, the Op needs to be more clear what he is selling, somebody will get confused and think its a factory base plate.

If you reread my original post ,I think I was pretty clear. I said they were commando 273 "STYLE" baseplates. I also listed the carb size diameter as 5&1/8 inch opening. I never said these were original commando pieces. I also said these can be "USED" with the commando / charger 273 , and charger 225 air cleaner lids. And yes these make a great adaptor when using an AFB, or AVS carb with the larger opening.

I have 2 people who are interested in these 5 air cleaner bases anyways. yes the original ones came unpainted. however I am not going to strip these parts and leave them bare metal, so they can flash rust.

Not to mention that once the lid is installed you cant see the air cleaner base anyways.

hope this clears up things a bit
Matt

here is pix of the 4BBL base with my charger 225 air cleaner lid. the lid is not for sale.

Attachments

• air filter 4.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 220
  • air filter 6.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 197
  • air filter 7.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 205
  • air cleaner 8.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 191
Sales are pending, i will PM everybody back on these as they sell. Please be patient, stuff has to be boxed and taken to the post office for shipping quotes. For those who lost out this time, i will PM you first and give you first crack at the next batch of these.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back