common courtesy

-
That's kind of a pet peeve for me, if people want to do Mass lottery sales, they should have two cashiers, by law, at least here in Florida! Cuz it GETS stupid man!
There's a gas station in town that has a self pay machine inside, thankfully they still have cashiers. Companies that install u scan machines need to lose some of their tax right offs. I won't use them

You own something that will hold $100 worth of gas?
$100? Where was you when gas prices were like $5 a gallon? FYI most full size trucks have close to if not more than a 20 gallon tank. $5 a gallon x 20 = $100.

You own something that will hold $100 worth of gas?
Good lord, where ya been? My 04 GMC holds something like 30gal. Fuel here is STILL over 3.00/gal so that's near so, and was WAY more just recently with higher prices. The 01 Cummins is worse yet

Here in Commifornia last July I paid over $8 a gallon... Only one time but when they get greedy & your far from home what can ya do? That was over $100 in a econobox....

There's a gas station in town that has a self pay machine inside, thankfully they still have cashiers. Companies that install u scan machines need to lose some of their tax right offs. I won't use them
Amen on that! Screw that New World Order cashless Society garbage! All this was written about many, many years ago!

Here in Commifornia last July I paid over $8 a gallon... Only one time but when they get greedy & your far from home what can ya do? That was over $100 in a econobox....
We met this nice lady from California earlier today, she's a sweet ol colored Lady, said she works at McDonald's across the street from where my old ladies in a management position for a month and a half they already made her a manager! She was saying the damn gang violence in California is so freaking bad, and the cost of Living? Barb, even though she can't hire people at this point offered her a job where she works right across the street because the people there she said scream at you and stuff! That pisses me off, I'm pissed that Florida is going to be the next California, cuz it's going to be! Too many people too much inflation!

Last edited:
We have employees at work who park in the Handicap spots on the weekends. And yes they get a side bar conversation and that's about it.... And it really disappoints me from a personal level because I interact with some of them during work and they don't seem like the type who would do it. But I treat Handicap spots as Voodoo and put it in the category of "be careful what you ask for!"

But we as a society let it happen. I would love to see a task force that did nothing but bust people all day for parking infractions. And while were at it not everyone should have a Handicap plaque. They are taking advantage of those who really need it. But that's a horse from a different stable for a different day.....

JW

Amen on that! Screw that New World Order cashless Society garbage! All this was written about many, many years ago!

The Lowes near me is high theft. They installed new Self check out's and guess what... Theft is going through the roof. A manager told me the other day they are considering removing them and putting Cashiers back in. Oh wait, he said they can't get people to work and those that do only worry about their Cellphones and have less than stellar attendance.....

There are 3 places I use Self Check Out. Otherwise I won't go there or make an employee come to the counter... It's pretty funny actually at times lol....

Good luck America, how's all this working out for you now......

I think those are called metermaids
In my area it would be called a Kamikaze. If you tried to police it you are either batshit crazy or you like a challenge. Because it will get real and quick like....

My area is so embedded with entitled people that if you tried to write a citation for illegal parking you better be ready for it.....

JW

The Lowes near me is high theft. They installed new Self check out's and guess what... Theft is going through the roof. A manager told me the other day they are considering removing them and putting Cashiers back in. Oh wait, he said they can't get people to work and those that do only worry about their Cellphones and have less than stellar attendance.....

There are 3 places I use Self Check Out. Otherwise I won't go there or make an employee come to the counter... It's pretty funny actually at times lol....

Good luck America, how's all this working out for you now......
The local HD I frequent usual has two cashiers open, I use them when there isnt a long line otherwise self checkout.
The thing ive noticed for some time is out of four self checkout counters no more than two are open and there is always a employe there observing people checking out.
Ive heard that theft is a major problem.

Good lord, where ya been? My 04 GMC holds something like 30gal. Fuel here is STILL over 3.00/gal so that's near so, and was WAY more just recently with higher prices. The 01 Cummins is worse yet
Yeah...you're right, I was thinking about locally only. :BangHead: Gas is under $3 here now and even cheaper in SC. The closest I came to a hundred buck tank of gas when it was so high was the Dakota, since it's the only thing that burns gas we own with a tank that big. My 04 Cummins is a different story! I had it over a hundred bucks for a full tank of diesel several times after Slo Jo layed the F'n to us.

every glove box should have a supply of these.

20230115_141126.jpg

We have employees at work who park in the Handicap spots on the weekends. And yes they get a side bar conversation and that's about it.... And it really disappoints me from a personal level because I interact with some of them during work and they don't seem like the type who would do it. But I treat Handicap spots as Voodoo and put it in the category of "be careful what you ask for!"

But we as a society let it happen. I would love to see a task force that did nothing but bust people all day for parking infractions. And while were at it not everyone should have a Handicap plaque. They are taking advantage of those who really need it. But that's a horse from a different stable for a different day.....

JW

I saw some guy with a placard and on crutches parking next to the handicap spot. I kicked the **** out of him for taking one of our non-handicapped spots... :) J/K

I did happen to head into a store and was about 10 feet from the door. A lady and her 4-6 yo daughter had just come out and she was holding the door. I quicken my step and said thank you before hitting the door. The lady turned to her daughter and said something like, "see, that's what you do holding the door, and the response you should get."

I said, "nice job, courtesy and manners mean something" to her as I walked in giving her a thumbs up. She just smiled.

Unfortunately, lately that lesson seems to be the exception, not the rule.

When you get done pumping gas, move your car and be considerate to those that are waiting. If nobody is there, OK. Filled up and people waiting, that's just wrong and inconsiderate.

Last edited:
-
Back