-
Status
Not open for further replies.

73_Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
As title states, Im looking for a comp xe268h cam and lifters for my 318. Prefer new parts. Im just throwing this up before I buy a new one since you never know when a member will have one sitting on the shelf from where they changed their plans.
May also be interested in springs/retainers also for my motor.
Thanks ahead of time.

Yea, I was looking at them and planned on doing them.

I saw on comps sight they say you need an adjustable valvetrain also. Is that true?

Yea, I was looking at them and planned on doing them.

I saw on comps sight they say you need an adjustable valvetrain also. Is that true?

No. Just run the appropriate springs, retainers and locks. I run the HE268 under stock rockers. The only issue that might be of concern is the old rockers might stress with the added spring pressure.

Okay. I heard/read I could use the stock retainers and locks. Or do I have to get new ones?
This is going in a 318 with about 100,000 on the clock in my 84 dodge ramcharger I am redoing.

Okay. I heard/read I could use the stock retainers and locks. Or do I have to get new ones?
This is going in a 318 with about 100,000 on the clock in my 84 dodge ramcharger I am redoing.
I had to buy the retainers because the springs didn't really match up good with my original retainers. Seems like they were kinda swimming in there or weren't sitting flat or something. Don't really remember, just remember it wasn't right.

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

Will also consider similar cams maybe a little smaller even.

I've got the cam ,lifters and a set of 360 heads with the springs in them and only about a 1000 miles on the works but the shipping would probably kill the deal .

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back