complete 1971 340 WIW

-

challengergary

Reaction score
Somebody stopped by my shop yesterday looking for some parts with a 1971 barracuda. He was looking for a bunch of stuff and then mentioned he also might want an engine since it currently has a 318. He saw my engine on a stand and asked about it.

What I have is a 1971 (6-30-70 casting) 340 that is complete from pan to carb. It still has the original intake 3512100, Thermoquad carb, J-heads, and exhaust manifolds. I know nothing about the inside of it other than the guy I got it from in trade said "it ran great when it was pulled to redo the car it was in."

Well, that must have been when he shoved it in the corner 20 years ago because there is no way this thing ran the way it looks now.

I am not married to the engine and I basically got it for some labor. The big question is, what is a fair price nowadays for a complete but needing to be rebuilt 340 motor?

Well the intake is the best 340 one that goes for at least $100, carb is $300 if it's the correct 71, if your lucky to have the idle solinoid $400, the original aluminum spacer under the carb along with the #75 choke would be around $100 if in good shape, exhaust manifolds $350, #294 oil pan $50, if it has the correct 340 pulleys $75, j heads &150, good standard bore block $500 give or take.

Can you spin the motor by hand?
Dang, I wish I was closer. I would give you that price for it.
Now I am wondering about shipping costs.

-
Back