Complete 340 possibly for sale if interested.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

rp23g7

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
So i have been talking to a machine shop guy in South Carolina, a GM guy, who is going to balance a set of rods and pistons for Tylers 350 i am rebuilding.

He has a 340, complete except for a flex plate, at least the other day, it s GM shop, so the engine has just been on a stand after rebuilding.

He was thinking about selling it. here is part of the email e sent me.

Do you happen to know the right flexplate for a 73 cast crank 340? I can't find reliable information on it. I know they have a different imbalance than forged 340s but not sure what to buy.
I built it 30 years ago at Vehicle Performance in Denver. Had all the balance and head work done at Spitfire machine there and drove it to South Carolina in an antique truck. Someone traded me out of the truck right away but I insisted on keeping the motor. I let the flywheel go with the truck without thinking. The engine has been on a stand in the shop ever since. I need the space now so I'm going to go in and replace the seals and gaskets paint it up, and put it on Ebay. It's just broken in good with about 2200 miles on it. The thing ran like a good 350, but will sell on Ebay for a lot more. Besides we only do SBC here so it will sit there forever. I figure it will sell better with the matching flywheel.. See you soon Wally

I'm not sure Steve. I haven't cleaned it up yet, and if I'm not mistaken you're a long way from me. The shipping might be real high. If I remember right you're in the North West somewhere and I'm in the South East. They've been going for better than 2k on Ebay, and I trust mine more than one that someone else built.. I don't know. I could probably clean it up and ship it for 2k and feel good about it. I spent nearly that much on it in 1981. By the way thanks for the info on the flexplate.... Wally

I'm in the east and have a 350, bored 030, 4 bolt main, needs the crank done, a cam and assembled., wanna trade?

I think it's in South Carolina and it has about ? 2200 miles on it but needs painted? No flywheel and he wants about $2000 for it. Is that correct? Been setting for 15 yrs? Is it listed on ebay now? That 15 yr issue hurts it as i would have to totally dissasemble it for my own satisfaction. Is any of this info correct? Give us the link on ebay please. Thanks. Always looking for another 340.
Small Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back