Complete A-Body 8 3/4 $250!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice score! Members helping members, that's what makes this place great!!!

Yep, definitely owe you one. Funny, I was just going back to the computer for a quick email check and bounced over to FABO and saw your post.

Much appreciated.

Bruce

Awesome deal...I've seen housings alone go for several hundred. Crazy. I would just cut down a B or E body one before spending that much.

Gonna try to go pick it up this weekend. Then look for a disc brake conversion setup for it to go in either my 68 Barracuda or my 65 Dart. Will be cool to have 4 wheel disc. Yeah, I looked up some info on the 742 vs 489. To me they seem to have the same weak spot on both pinion gears, where it necks down for the spline. Bearings are close to the same size if not the same, can't remember. Neither my 273 4bbl or 318 2bbl will be able to break it.

:hello1:

Thanks again for the heads up and to FABO.

Bruce

Picked it up this morning. Everything looks good so far. Met a fellow mopar guy. The only thing with it is the drums are now pretty beat, You'd have to turn them or something anyway, but he had to use a hammer to get them off. Anyway, It doesn't really matter to me, I'm going to put a disc brake kit on it.

Any suggestions on which kit to use? I've been thinking about getting the Summit kit.

Thanks,
Bruce

Awesome deal...I've seen housings alone go for several hundred. Crazy. I would just cut down a B or E body one before spending that much.

Agreed!
I'd never spend that kinda coin on one. Then you have to switch to bbp axles. No thanks..
Glad to hear somebody got one reasonable though:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back