Complete front end rebuild kit - questions

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1968 Barracuda

My front end is very worn out.
I need a full rebuild kit, but I have disk brakes from a 73 - 76 Duster.
Which parts will be Cuda and what parts will be Duster?
I don't suppose there is a kit like that...?

Also, any tip or advice or prayers are welcome!

Jeff

I prefer the Moog parts over the "kits".

I believe that you can use the b/e body tie rods and sleeves as they are stronger and will fit. Let someone else verify this.

Get the upper control arm bolts with the flat on just the threaded portion, not the ones with the flat all the way down the bolt.

When taking a pee in your yard while working on your car, never aim into the wind...

Get the Moog offset upper control arm bushings and tie rods and sleeves from a C body. Use the search feature here on FABO. There's literally hundreds of threads on the subject of front ends. Good luck!

Get individual Moog parts. Got all mine from Rock Auto. About the same price as the kits. Order parts for a 73-76 Dart, except for pitman and arms. Those need to match your existing units. And I'd recommend the Moog offset uca bushings also. Worked great for me.

About those C-body tie rods. Yes the shaft diameter is larger, less likely to flex a little when moving larger than stock wheel and tire and/or under a heavier vehicle.
The ball-n-cup ends of the tie rods are the wear points and those are the same. An elcheapo C-body tie rod end wont last as long as a quality made A-body tie rod end.

i started a thread not to long ago when i did mine... i have the same exact set up you do. there was a member that was nice enough to to make me a shopping list.... let me find it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=295120&page=3

all info here is good.

shopping list ... for you.

parts numbers are legit, i made the error though of making my own list because i was to lazy to find the one ABODYJOE made for me. i ended up buy 73A body pitman arm and idler arm i needed the 1968 A body like he stated on his list. now i have new ones laying around. with no need.

you have a 1968 barracuda with front disc brakes from a 73 A body correct?

if so... yes... :)

you will need machine press for these bushings. remove/install. fyi

yes i just reviewed it... its spot on....

have you replaced the bumps? and front shocks? and other things like that? brake lines?

you have a 1968 barracuda with front disc brakes from a 73 A body correct?

if so... yes... :)

you will need machine press for these bushings. remove/install. fyi

Yes.....so that's PERFECT! Thank you!

Made a huge difference for you huh?

oh yes. huge difference specially after the rear end rebuild.

and its a lot easier to install than one might think.

i havent drove her too much i put her on NON OP because of money issues and ive been driving my motorcycle. but will get her going on the streets soon when i save up a bit more. insurance/ gas/ registration fees are killer for a poor guy like me.

Jeff, if/when you get the Moog parts, can you let me know where they were made please.

I have heard a bunch of it is made in China now. So I'm curious.

oh yes. huge difference specially after the rear end rebuild.

and its a lot easier to install than one might think.

i havent drove her too much i put her on NON OP because of money issues and ive been driving my motorcycle. but will get her going on the streets soon when i save up a bit more. insurance/ gas/ registration fees are killer for a poor guy like me.

I hear ya......still trying to win the lotto!

Jeff, if/when you get the Moog parts, can you let me know where they were made please.

I have heard a bunch of it is made in China now. So I'm curious.

I sure will!

hmmm... "now" since when?

After all the research i made both on the web and on here FABO MOOG was the best product for the BANG AND THE BUCK...

have been very happy with all the products thus far.

hmmm... "now" since when?

After all the research i made both on the web and on here FABO MOOG was the best product for the BANG AND THE BUCK...

have been very happy with all the products thus far.

What does it say on the stuff you just listed.

Some stuff I bought a while back was mixed, Mexico, China and one USA.

How much caster should I ask the alignment guy for?
I'll be using the offset Moog UCA bushings.....

I was looking at front end rebuild kits today from PST. Seems like you can get everything on that list that was posted for a couple of bucks cheaper with the PST kit. Just curious as why? Something wrong with PST?

I was looking at front end rebuild kits today from PST. Seems like you can get everything on that list that was posted for a couple of bucks cheaper with the PST kit. Just curious as why? Something wrong with PST?

Oh oh.

oh' oh.. x2 - lol priceless...

you'll be in good hands with rock auto i got my parts in within a week haha

i have never tried PST so i cannot shame away from them.
but just some simple advice ROCKauto worked for me.

-
Back