complete gt45 turbo kit on ebay

-
Don't know how good of a deal it is, but it will only support 600 HP, which isn't enough for most V8s. A good turbo setup should increase your HP by at least 50%, so this setup would be maxed out with a 400 HP V8.

I'm not saying this isn't a good deal. But the better questions might be, is it a good deal for you? If I were a Honda guy and looking to boost a 250 HP V6 to 450 HP this might be an ideal setup. But it may simply lack the headroom for moderately large displacement V8.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

These exact turbos are making around the 550hp at the tyres on LS based engines in the 5-5.3L range.. Would be perfect for a 318

That certainly looks like a cracking price. Although there is alot of stuff there that you don't really need.

Yup. I can't see the price on my phone but much of that stuff you don't need.

Yup. I can't see the price on my phone but much of that stuff you don't need.

It's $899.99. Lots of AN plumbing for the fuel system (I suppose) is included and that stuff ain't cheap!

I'm thinking this would be a perfect setup for a 225 slant six utilizing a PISHTA-design, bolt-on turbo mount. Instant 250hp turbo slant six on pump gas, with a waste-gate controlled 10 pounds of boost. You wouldn't even have to pull the head off; just bolt on a Super Six 2bbl intake manifold and a blow-thru modified 500cfm Holley 2bbl carb. If you opted for a water-alky injector, you could probably make a pump-gas friendly, 300 hp.

That would put a 3,200-pound A Body solidly in the 12's... with the right tires.

Just a thought...:coffee2:

Attachments

• pishtaturbo.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 846
  • PISHTAFRONT.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 842
There's people cranking 5-600 with the gt45 on v8s. Comes with all kinds of things that I priced out separate (not the exact brand) that came well over $1200 plus it has a little dress up kit with it.

check out denmah on youtube, he uses the cheapest **** possible and has gone 9 seconds on street tires using this turbo on a stock ls with mis matched heads

I wouldn't waste the money on that crap. Been there done that with cheap ebay junk.. spend the money once and buy nice name brand stuff..

a name brand gt45 is gonna run around 2k. prices alot of people right out of doing it. myself included. the china turbos have come a long way. check out http://www.theturboforums.com/forum.php . there are a lot of people running the china gt45's on all kinds of motors. out of a 72 page thread about that specific turbo only 2 have failed so far. perfect for a small block. like other people have said there is alot of stuff in there that you arent going to need.

That Gt-45 is a solid piece. People that say it's not have not done the research. I know a guy on theturboforums.com that is runnng 2 of the on a basically stock ls6 that runs high 7's in the quarter.... I met Hm at the Dyno when they tuned it.

There are absolutely no failures I have found and I have researched it out on mt 67TT build thread. "Research was done 2 years ago" Mine is completely plumbed with 2 of these, twin water air inter coolers, heat exchanger, EFI etc. I would put 2 of these gt-45's up against any of the high dollar stuff like for like builds out there.

a name brand gt45 is gonna run around 2k. prices alot of people right out of doing it. myself included. the china turbos have come a long way. check out http://www.theturboforums.com/forum.php . there are a lot of people running the china gt45's on all kinds of motors. out of a 72 page thread about that specific turbo only 2 have failed so far. perfect for a small block. like other people have said there is alot of stuff in there that you arent going to need.

So 2 failures? That is nothing compared to how many are in use. I wonder if those 2 failures we're install related. Like I posted my research was done 2 years ago... There were none!

I hope those Chinese braided cheese fittings don't leak like the others I have seen

So 2 failures? That is nothing compared to how many are in use. I wonder if those 2 failures we're install related. Like I posted my research was done 2 years ago... There were none!

oh im all for it. im running a china gt35 on my valiant. so far so good. one of the failures was operator error, ran a oil feed restricter and the other was just bad from the go. the ebay seller replaced the bad one.

I like my Rajay 300.. Aerospace technology baby!!!

I've had and known of multiple ebay turbos that have gone to ****.. BUT i have known of others that have had great luck.. a friend of mine put a turbo on and went straight to the track the nut holding the compressor wheel on came off on the first burnout.. I've noticed that people have better luck with low revving V8 on a foot brake vs a higher rpm 4 cylinder on anti lag.. with my experience I'd rather buy a name brand turbo (Precision, garrett, borgwarner, etc.. ) it's cool for other people just not my thing.. i know they are cheap but not worth the risk imo.. nor are they very efficient for they're size.. take a ebay gt45 (which doesn't measure anywhere close to a real gt45) and compare it to a precision or garrett of equal size and they make way less power than a known brand..

Just sayin

The china GT45s are ok. They need to be fully cleaned out and checked out before putting in use. My dad found casting material inside the compressor housing, and grit in the center housing.

Stock 5.3 with Single eBay GT45 and a 75 shot of Dry NOS! I don't believe it is intercooler. NOS is the Cooler

This is for the nay sayers! Gosh Dang............

[ame]http://youtu.be/wTV8QTIVYB0[/ame]

-
Back