Compression ratio what to do??

-
OK well. Being I'm looking at $700 to have my heads done up before milling and i will need to have my intake milled more $$. Then I will need to replace my pistons and rings. More money. After all the input from everyone i believe the closed chamber aluminum heads are the most efficient way to get 10:1. I did want to use the X heads but i really don't want to carve them up either.
Don't mill the intake. That makes it special, and it won't exactly "fit" anything else. Instead, mill the intake side of the heads when you mill the combustion chamber side. With a LA engine you take 95% off the intake side vs the combustion chamber. Examples: Take .010 off the CC side, take .0095 off the intake side. Take .020 off the CC side, take .019 off the intake side.

That is an interesting article on heat and pressure. Just when i thought i had a plan forward. Got me thinking again.........
So what is the question? Some of that is useful info, some is not. Remember, that is a sales site....

The Edelbrock plan is a good one IMHO; good low end torque with that SCR and good flow to extend the RPM band up. IMHO, both flow and CR is the best of both worlds: a wide, flexible RPM range is great on the street and appropriate for things like road racing, rally, and autocross. You will have torque on demand over a wide RPM range.

So what is the question? Some of that is useful info, some is not. Remember, that is a sales site....

The Edelbrock plan is a good one IMHO; good low end torque with that SCR and good flow to extend the RPM band up. IMHO, both flow and CR is the best of both worlds: a wide, flexible RPM range is great on the street and appropriate for things like road racing, rally, and autocross. You will have torque on demand over a wide RPM range.
I'm going with the Edelbrock heads. I don't think I can go wrong with that decision. Thanks for your input.

If you buy the eldebrock heads, have your machine shop check them out before bolting on.
I had issues with the intake guides on mine.

If you buy the eldebrock heads, have your machine shop check them out before bolting on.
I had issues with the intake guides on mine.
A good thought IMHO. We had 4 intake guides dragging a bit on a new pair.... there were some tiny burrs left in the guides. Not a bad issue really. There were a few valves that were a few thousands off center. The machinist corrected it on a Serdi machine and smoothed out below the seats a bit. Cost $100-110 total.. but shop work is fairly cheap here.

-
Back