Computer Monitor HELP !!!!!!

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Guys.... I just installed a wide screen 24" in place of my normal screen 17" monitor on the computer.........

Now, the aspect ratio on the screen is all screwed up......Pictures are squashed and out of proportion (short and wide).........

I've looked and looked for a ratio adjuster, but found none.......No advanced settings that I can find to do the trick......

HELP !!!!!!!!! I mean, the cars still look great, but they ALL have chopped tops now................I'm gettin' DIZZY !!!! :read2:

Hit the start button,lower left.Click my computer,click control panel,click appearances and themes,now display,then settings.Try that.

Your resolution controls the aspect ratio.

On your display settings (You can right-click on the desktop, then properties. Then the last tab on the right, "Settings") under "Screen resolution", ensure that the slider is set to an apropriate resolution.

1600 by 1024, or 1200 by 800. Once that's set, click "Apply" then "ok". That should set you straight.

Did all that.......Nothing in there that changes the aspect ratio to a normal view......

everything is squatty......I can use it, but it's freaky.......ALL pics are stretched along with the screen width...........they don't maintain their true form.

Ok, let's try this from a different angle. What sort of video card do you have?

If you don't know, go to the start menu, then "Run", and in the run box type "Dxdiag".

This will open the Direct X diagnostic tool. In there, Under display, it will show you the name of your adapter.

To make a long story short, it sounds as though your video card can't support the native resolution of your monitor.

Success!! Between the actual monitor menu (guess I was brain dead on that one.......), and the resolution settings being tested one at a time, I found a setting that was just right......took a while, but we got 'er dun...........

Thanks guys. :cheers:

Here's the beasty...............

My wife was "leaning" into the monitor all the time......just couldn't see it very well, even with a 17"..........You can see the size of FABO now, using my little digital telephone for reference..........Now we have to sit back and relax.

I was very surprised, cause I bought this straight from Dell with a 4 year warranty (full replacement) for $379. right to my door........% years back, I paid over $500. for the 17" I've been using.....and the resolution on this is NICE......great reviews from customers too.

112_1297.jpg

That monitor looks great. I have been happy with my Dell laptop and their tech help when I've been lost....which is often. LOL
Great tech help here on FABO too :cheers:

-
Back