confused

-

Fred

studecuda
Reaction score
need help and more help; cannot use this site due to my ignorance of how it all works. I am guessing that "a thread" is series of comments re. some original statement or question. How does one find applicable responses to a question posted? How does one determine if a submission is current and ongoing or has "run out"? Do they run out? Hope I can learn to use this site.
And how about all those little icons on the "post new thread" page? As you may see I am relly confused. Thanks Fred

Hi Fred, I'm not far from you, in Victoria. You just started a thread so that's what that is. All you have to do is click on it to see what has been added. The home page has the latest stuff so you may have to go to forums and find where you posted to find your thread or whatever one you are looking for. They don't runnout, they just get further down the list of there's no new replies. You can add a little icon thing to your post just for the hell of it or one of those little emoticons if you feel like it, like this :-D

Cheers and welcome

Welcome aboard Fred. What you write on here stays(unless you tick off a moderator). Now, go figure out how to post pics. We live on pics here.

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

Welcome Fred. You can't be too ignorant as you did post this thread. As to how old it is look at the upper lft had side of each response. You will see a date and a time . this is when that response to the thread was posted. Another neet feature you can use is at the top of the page. This would be below the header. In it, it has a lot of things too choose like, Home, Forums, New Posts, and a bunch of other things. In this group you will find a search feature. You can search a particular topic I.E. disc brake conversion. You can find all the posts that have those words in it. It is a nice feature if you don't want to ask a question that you think others may have asked already. It's also nice as you can see a lot of responses and compair answers to see if this will help answer you particular question. It will also tell you if no one has asked you questio or asked about the topic as you may get no resonses. Play around with tis feature as there is a world of good info here on our A-Bodies.

Welcome to FABO! Jump on in. You will get the hang of it. It took me a bit to learn how this site worked too. Experience is the best teacher.

Fred,
Here is the date the thread was first posted by the author. You can get an idea of how current the topic is by its age. I probably would not reply to a "FOR SALE" post that is two years old.

POSTING-01.jpg

This green light indicates that a board member is currently logged in.

POSTING-02.jpg

Click on the member's screen name here... and you will get the following list of options to choose from. I'll let you investigate this at your own leisure. The available information depends upon how much was entered by the member during registration. It can always be revised and added to ( I would like to see more folks tell where they are geographically located).

POSTING-03.jpg

POSTING-04.jpg

At the top of the page is your main menu of selections. Lots of useful tools up here.

POSTING-05.jpg

'74Sport, EXCELLENT little tutorial you put together for Fred, well done!!

Welcome Fred as you can already see by people willing to help you out there are tons of amazing folks here always there for you. Enjoy the site and best of luck with your project!!

Fred...welcome!!!. I agree with all the above. Also, like Rob, I'm not too far away from you as well...Victoria. Do you get over to "the Big Island" much?...ie: Francelli's?? We'd love to see your car in pics, and in real life.

Keep postin'!!! We were all newbies once!!

Welcome Fred , Glad to have you with us, We have some great tec's and
a bunch of helpful folks here as you can see.:cheers:
It took me a while to learn this site but it was my first.
Take a look around and enjoy and ask if you are in need of help.

Nice job '74 Sport :thumbrig:

-
Back