console carpet

-

0ld school

Reaction score
i bought a new maroon carpet set for my 68 fastback. it did not come with the carpet, that glues to the 4 speed console. i thought it was a complete set. anybody know where to get maroon 4 speed console carpet?

i bought a new maroon carpet set for my 68 fastback. it did not come with the carpet, that glues to the 4 speed console. i thought it was a complete set. anybody know where to get maroon 4 speed console carpet?

got mine here for my 66 dart your console should be real close to what mine is .. ones got a center line in it and one don't. I get confused about which is which but the shapes is the same . I used the automatic strips on my 4 speed console since the console strips were longer than needed and it fit (barely due to the kickout for the 4 speed) if I do it again for a stick I'll make sure I stretch the heck out of it first using a heat gun to help stretch it.
http://www.stockinteriors.com/items...47&MainCatId=1&Desc=Plymouth_Barracuda_Carpet

be aware that 80 20 cut loop does not come in maroon. but does in the other types.

oh and if you have the funny cardboard hump that goes on the side I can help ya
I've done it on this type of 4 speed (hah! looking at the pic let me remember it's the non striped console that fits in my 66)
View attachment console4spd.jpg

thanks 66dvert. that is a beautyful interior you have there! mine is the same color. your console looks just like mine. so you used an auto console carpet set? when installed, does it drape all the way to the floor? it seems these consoles sit pretty high.....

The driver side console carpet for the 4 speed is not reproduced. I think I have a template I made. I'll look for it if you need it.

I wish it were mine to say the least. it does look good though. mine didn't look that good when I sold it
see if you can get GMachineDartGT's pattern. The auto console strips didn't fit correctly. I had to fudge the devil out of mine to get it to fit and it still looks ummm shall we say "hacked". and a little short in both directions
if I have to do it again I would be ordering some carpet in the same shade(I have an interior guy I just met looking into it for me,) but the bad part is I'll have to buy a yard and I need just 14" inches to be on the safe side for depth. then I'd just have it surged stitched on the bottom edge after I cut it to fit. Yeah it's cost more(bout double) than the auto console strips, but it'd be done right and look great.

but that does mean that I can add the carpet to the kick panels and back side panels to match them up to the carpet so it's be worth it to give my cars a upgraded "Luxury" package feel.

-
Back