Console shifter linkage question

-

70dart

Reaction score
I am changing my 70 Swinger over to a console shift and was wondering if there were any other body types that would have the setup that would work like an Aspen or something else. Or do the linkages have to be from an A body console car. I have the short linkage that is directly connected to the shifter but need everything after that including the one that connects to the floor. I hope to be using a 727 tranny! Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

there is a company selling repops of the vertical rod on ebay (comes with the bracket to attach it to the shifter mounting bracket as well as the rod that connects it to the shifter which you already have)

you will need a transmission mounting bracket which you can buy a repop of off ebay as well and those are pretty much all the same amongst A,B and E body the one i am using was advertised as being for an E body

you will need the long, bent, adjustable rod that connects the lower end of the vertical rod (also referred to as the torque rod) to the transmission

i think there is a difference in the lever attached to the transmission itself, as my shofter is in need of adjustment, it works, just not 100% correctly.

and now you know as much as I do.

Thanks for the info really appreciate it. I am on ebay all the time and have never seen these. What did you use for search criteria to locate this?

Just make sure that the L bracket that bolts to the "ears" on the bottom of the tailshaft housing is for the transmission you are going to use. One is shorter than the other, I want to say that the 727 L bracket is longer than the 904.

Thanks for the info 360scamp. I would have to look at a full setup again to see exactly what you mean, as my memory is a litle fuzzy on this right now!

i have this for sale. is this what you need? sorry, its a little early and not enough coffee....................

PICT0752-1.JPG

will that fit a 67 cuda? If so howmuch do you want for it?

yeah it will fit, but the knob is for a 69 and up a body. im asking $40 plus shipping, but lets see if 70 dart may need it also, this is his thread. i will sell it to whoever need it.

I am looking for the pieces from the bracket that connects to the shifting rod the vertical shaft that goes through the floor and the linkages that are on the underside of the body. Thanks anyway redfastback much appreciated!

things I used to search parts out

mopar shifter, dodge shifter, dart shifter, mopar console, dodge console, dart console, barracuda console, transmission bracket, mopar bracket, dodge bracket, mopar linkage, dodge linkage

prolly some more

-
Back