converter?

-
If your replacing with a higher than stock stall convertor,contact the tech dept. of your supplier and give ALL info about your car(cam specs,gear size,tire size)for your best results.Good luck.

Us old guys will remember the Clutch-Flite from the 60's. I think by Art Carr Transmissions.

do not listen to these guys!. you do not need a converter. i have a few cars witout them, and they look good in my garage.
HOWEVER, IF YOU PLAN FOR IT TO MOVE DOWN THE ROAD, THAT IS A WHOLE NEW STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Us old guys will remember the Clutch-Flite from the 60's. I think by Art Carr Transmissions.

Thinkin' the same thing. Those things always intrigued me 'fer some reason.

NO converter!!!

clutchflite2.jpg

but I wish to hell people would not call 'em a "tranny"

sassy-tranny.jpg

Thinkin' the same thing. Those things always intrigued me 'fer some reason.

NO converter!!!

clutchflite2.jpg

but I wish to hell people would not call 'em a "tranny"

sassy-tranny.jpg

67Dart273 what transmission is that in the picture?

Thanks, Aj408

thanks will do. any idea what the norm on a 727 for a 440 should be?
The "norm" depended on the performance specs for the car. They made a low stall and high stall and they varied depending on engine horsepower. Stock from the factory they were mostly from 2000-2500. You can get just about any stall in the aftermarket. You just need to decide what you need for your type of driving.

what should i go with for mostly street driving with a bit of road track and maybe some drag thrown in? i was think about a 3000... but i dont know much about this stuff yet

call PTC or Dynamic Converter....look at one of there 9 1/2 converters...

be prepared to tell them everything about your car.....they need that info to select the proper converter for you

Last time a saw a Clutchflite was the mid 90s.Needed to be gone through,guy wanted like a thou for it.Converters have progressed so far.I would think it would kill drivetrain parts.

-
Back