[WANTED] convertible rear panels and console

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I have a 1967 dodge dart convertible. I'm looking for the rear plastic panels for this as well as a 4 speed console.

The rear vert 67-69 interior panels are readily available at Laysons. They are a bit pricey, but the set I purchased looked great. There are used sets out there, but most are broken where the panel fits over the pinch weld at the door jam. Here's my build link, http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=244121 go to the last page, close to the bottom and you'll see a pic of them after I had dyed and painted the top of the panel. They way I did them is not factory, they should be only interior color, I just wanted to be different. The consoles are all the same, the only difference is the top plates. You can buy the 4 speed plate repo.

Wrong..sorry the consoles are NOT all the same :)
I have a few, and four speeds are different from Automatics, driver side has a larger cut out at the bottom, a 1/2 round moulded fiberglass cover goes on that area to cover up the underside of the shift mechanism.
I have a few descent used 4 speed consoles if your interested, maybe even a top plate that would need re-chrome, but as mentioned above new ones are available in the year (style) you require 66-68 argent with black line down the center, 69+ wood grain. What did you need? I can post pictures if you guys wanna know the diff between the 4 and Auto console. Oh, and I have a HUST handle for the four speed as well, re-chromed. But your 67 needs a Inland style, I have one of those also...but I will have to check if its console of regular floor shift.

2fine69's Hey no prob,,,hope I didn't come across harsh...sorry!!!
All good....It is easy to see they look the same and really the only way would be to compare them side by side. I can post a pic or two later just for reference.

2fine69's Hey no prob,,,hope I didn't come across harsh...sorry!!!
All good....It is easy to see they look the same and really the only way would be to compare them side by side. I can post a pic or two later just for reference.

Hey Mark,
I didn't take it as harsh, It was just plain and simple great information! Please do post some pics for future reference. I think some of us may be able to use it in the future. Thanks A lot,

Long as we're splitting hairs... There are some consoles with the front end bobbed off shorter and flat. I'm sure it was about clearance for a/c but that's all I know about them.
As far as the difference between auto and manual... Auto has a cut away in the side for bezel lamp access. Manual is cut away larger to accommodate that shifter.
Since the carpet skirt covers the cutaways they are interchangeable.

Hi, I will post some pics soon....As for the "bobbed" off consoles...Yes A/C cars but only if an aftermarket A/C was installed, and likely cut off by the installer. Dealers did install A/C to customers who wanted it at the dealership and that would necessitate trimming the front of the console. Often dealers used other A/C units other than Chrysler units. The factory A/C fit with the full console, if you had A/C you couldn't get the optional Tach mounted on the console for obvious reasons. I have never seen a "bobbed" console in a factory A/C car. I could be wrong...But if you look at a true Chrysler installed at the factory A/C the console is a full length one as the under dash unit tucks up tight under the dash.

The consoles can maybe be interchanged but not correct, and I am not sure there would be sufficient clearance for the shifter mechanism using and auto console. The carpet can be made to fit, but the 4 speed has the fiberglass bulge on the driver side that is screwed on and very noticeable on a true 4 speed console

OK, here are the console pictures (if I did this right?) Automatic VS 4 speed.
The Auto and 4 speed can be seen and self explanatory. The drivers side shifter area is clearly different. The driver side on the 4 speed has a clip and a screw (visible) that is where the 1/2 round fiberglass/paper cover is placed, the automatic does not have this provision. The 4 Speed console is also cut down/moulded lower in the screw and clip area drivers side. Significant difference between the two.
The top plates look to have the same opening and look to be exchangeable one to the other, the ash tray area also looks the same between the two. Good comparison side by side Auto VS 4Speed console.

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1998.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2000.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2001.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2002.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 88
Hers my phone number how much are you looking for the console? Phone is *** *** ****. You can text also

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back