Convertible Well Liner Install

-

jerkyboy

Reaction score
I don't think the well liner in my '68 was installed properly. The material directly behind the rear seat is partially glued to metal rail behind the seat and partially tucked behind the seat. Here are some pics. What's the proper install technique?

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

You've gotta be kidding me, none of you a-body wizards know the answer......come on, think:glasses9::glasses9::glasses9:.

I installed one in the '68 I now own for the previous owner. However that was last fall and I forgot how it goes. When I get a chance I'll take a couple of pics and post them.
Dallas

Left rear corner. This goes over the rail that goes around the sides and rear. You have to install the bolts while laying inside the trunk and holding the liner up.
Dallas

IMG_5680 (Small).JPG

proper installation is to be glued behind the rear seat to the rail as you found it and to top of the wheel houses get glue.

Back of seat facing the passenger side. The material goes UNDER the metal strip on the back of the seat.
Dallas

IMG_5683 (Small).JPG

Top of wheel house. The previous one wasnt't glued so I didn't glue this one but it would make for a neater install instead of just laying in there.
Dallas

IMG_5684 (Small).JPG

Hope I was a little help. Did you get yours streightened out?
Dallas

I've got it snapped in but not quite straightened out yet. At least I now know how it's supposed to go. Prior owner had a fancy stereo system installed and the installer made the front box panel a little too tall, so it's just enough to interfere with the well liner snaps across the bottom of the window. It will have to be a winter project as I'll have to modify the box. Thanks for the pics and the explanation.

-
Back