converting 73' dart to 72' dart front end how

-

snapetwo

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been surfing craigslist, found a guy with parts from a 1969 dart, hood and grill, fenders.
From the pictures I have seen on google, looks like they look the same as the 1972, is this correct?

I am wanting to jump on this buy asap, if they are the same.

Thanks.

kinda lost on this one what yr front end are you putting on what yr car im assuming you have a 72? and your wanting a 69 front end? everything should swap out just fine but you are also going to need the part that holds the hood down in the front

sorry, let me clear it up a bit.
I have a 73 dart,
want to make it look like a 72' dart in the front end (get rid of the pointy 73 front)
craigslist has parts for a 69' dart...google pics of 69 dart look damn near same as 72

I'm pretty sure it can be done. Maybe some Fabrication work needed to get the Hood Latch to line up and even the lines up. If it's a great deal on rust free parts then get them. I'm sure you can make it work. Just how much Fabrication?? Someone will chime in that's done similar Modification but this will get your post back to the top.

TY...thought i may have lucked out on CL.
Oh well, cest la vie
Take a tape measure and go look at the parts. Even '72 is going to take some work to get installed. You don't know until you try. Can you drive your 73 to where the Parts are?

Everything bolts up. A friend had a '73 Dart Sport and installed a '70 Duster front end. Get everything though.

if you are wanting your front to look like a 69 dart-- then by the parts & bolt them on, the radiator support area might need some tweaking. Just make sure all the parts are there--, bumpers grille extensions.. etc.. some parts are $$--
Lawrence

Ty all. and vdart, I want my 73 to look like a 72.
as far as car, no its not running right now, suspension is torn outta it, no drive train. just happened to come across some parts on craigslist

-
Back