Cool junkyard

-
Yup, Stephens Performance. I wish they would sell me some parts. I have contacted them more than once looking for stuff, and they never get back to me, even after telling me they have the stuff.

I found this post right before I posted it, so I agree, impressive junkyard as far as acreage, but maybe not customer service??? I don't like the new trends that don't let you go out an pull your own parts, liability/insurance reasons I guess.

Ted is a good guy

Don't know about customer service other than the locking strip on my dart come from there and no issues.

He is doing something right or he wouldn't be in business.

Ted is a good guy

Don't know about customer service other than the locking strip on my dart come from there and no issues.

He is doing something right or he wouldn't be in business.

X2 Ted and crew are our neighbors at the swap meet at the Nats. Great people and very successful. They are the largest distributor in the world of AMD products. That keeps them pretty busy. They also spend a lot of time on the road going to Mopar shows and swap meets thorough the nation. You might have caught them at a bad time. tmm

I've known Ted since the early 80's, a good guy and yes a sharp businessman! he answers the phone, and not a million guys working the yard.... he can be a little hard to get ahold of, he doesn't give stuff away, he knows what a "good" part is worth.... has nice collection of keepers, sells bunches of repop sheetmetal too like he said.
he travels to most all big shows, not selling but "doing business"...
look him up when you get a chance and keep calling....

Wow, wanna know something crazy? That picture they show of that 68 Plymouth ontop of that 73-74 Charger is actually from a junkyard near me here in MN, NOT in Alabama! In fact, I might have taken that very picture!! How do I know, cause I recently bought the lower crank pulley off that car to use on my 66 Valiant....I'll have to look through my junkyard pictures and see.

Well, I'm certainly not bashing them, just stating what happened to me.

After several phone calls and a couple of emails, I gave up. I guess a 2 or 3 hundred dollar purchase isn't enough to garner interest.

I have had exactly the same issues with, I think it's Wildcat, in the northwest? Several phone calls and emails only to be left hanging.

I never had done any business with wildcat, had heard their name. I had a question bout the 60-2 radiator, told them I wasn't lookin to buy one but needed just some info, talked to a lady, 2 days later they emailed me the info.
not taking any sides here..... but anyone who has dealt with selling off old mopar parts can attest to how many people will spend your time talking, will "be Back", ( known as "bebacks), will call back after I "sell my whatever and have some $$").
sort of like many of our repop parts are made in " cottage" industry. its the guy and maybe his wife..... no secretary. sometimes we just have to be persistant. I've sent pm to plenty members on here with list of parts for sale asking bout one they show for sale. never hear back, I assume it was already sol;d and ddin't tell me??? no problem.....

I used to live right by Wildcat- good people there too.

Wow, wanna know something crazy? That picture they show of that 68 Plymouth ontop of that 73-74 Charger is actually from a junkyard near me here in MN, NOT in Alabama! In fact, I might have taken that very picture!! How do I know, cause I recently bought the lower crank pulley off that car to use on my 66 Valiant....I'll have to look through my junkyard pictures and see.

I questioned that photo myself. I didn't think Ted stacked cars like that.

I don't really care for how they say the cars are abandoned. Ted has done a lot for the Mopar hobby. I've dealt with him many times in person, he's a great guy and very helpful.

-
Back