cool story about my 69 charger

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
well unfortunatley i put my charger up for sale on craigslist. it needs way more work that i am willing to put into right now. but anyhow. i got an email from a guy asking me a bunch of specific questions about the car. it turns out he owned it from 89-99 and would like to buy it back. i thought it was neat to finally learn about a car i have owned for 6 years. here is the email he sent me.

That was my car! It was my first car. I could tell by the stickers under the hood and the MSD coil among other things. I always wondered if Dave that I sold it to did anything with it. I guess he sold it to you! Did you get all the papers with it? I had the window sticker, the broadcast sheet, I think old racing slips (the car ran 11.09 in the quarter, not me driving it though) and the factory manual, among other things. Did you get the original keyfob?

Hey the miles on the odometer are original. I got it with 42000 miles or so. I could never keep it running for long enough to put a lot of miles on it. The rear end is a 3.91 so driving on the freeway was rough. The guy that bought it new raced it a few years then got sent to Vietnam and was killed. His mother kept the car until about '83 when she sold it to the guy I bought it from. He rebuilt the motor and painted it, got pulled over for doing over 100 in a 35 zone, then sold it to me in '89 to pay the fines. He was also the guy that ran the 11 second quarter. I tried to keep it running, didn't have much luck, and despaired over the rust. I sold it in '99 for $800! Had I waited a couple of years I could've asked more.

here are a few pictures of my girl.

P8101525.jpg

P8101530.jpg

well unfortunatley i put my charger up for sale on craigslist. it needs way more work that i am willing to put into right now. but anyhow. i got an email from a guy asking me a bunch of specific questions about the car. it turns out he owned it from 89-99 and would like to buy it back. i thought it was neat to finally learn about a car i have owned for 6 years. here is the email he sent me.

do you still have the car? still for sale?

yup, askin 5,000. this guy says he wants to buy it back. but we will see. i posted it yesterday and had three emails today. gonna miss it. i always wanted a charger. just not ready to restore this one. i would like to have a house with a big garage first. that way i can actually restore it.

yup, askin 5,000. this guy says he wants to buy it back. but we will see. i posted it yesterday and had three emails today. gonna miss it. i always wanted a charger. just not ready to restore this one. i would like to have a house with a big garage first. that way i can actually restore it.
its hard to restore a car outside thats for sure. money is all it takes. moneys hard to get nowadays. jobs are scarce. people are strugglin.

-
Back