coolant?

-

OiiiiiiO

Reaction score
what`s a good coolant to use if you have aluminum parts, like heads,water pump and radiator? thnx

The type really isnt as important as the ratio, and the changing intervals. You still want the 50/50 mix of water to coolant, and it should be drained and replaced about once every 2 years at maximum regardless of use to keep the protection against corrosion (dissimilar metals) at it's highest.

thanks for the info on evans, dusterb318. i looked into it and like you said,great stuff. narrowed it down to a local distributor and found out, it should only be used on engines that are new, which never had anything in it from the start. something happens to it if there is anything inside,like water or coolant. it disturbs the properties of it i guess. thanks again and fiqured you might be interested. oiiiiiio

thanks for the info on evans, dusterb318. i looked into it and like you said,great stuff. narrowed it down to a local distributor and found out, it should only be used on engines that are new, which never had anything in it from the start. something happens to it if there is anything inside,like water or coolant. it disturbs the properties of it i guess. thanks again and fiqured you might be interested. oiiiiiio

I was told by a person at Evans that you should flush the system and get out as much as you can. It will still work with a little of the old coolant in but recommended that you get all the old coolant out. They never said the engine had to be new to me.

I was told by a person at Evans that you should flush the system and get out as much as you can. It will still work with a little of the old coolant in but recommended that you get all the old coolant out. They never said the engine had to be new to me.

actually, he said i`d be better off with a new engine because the least bit of water in there would take away the effects of the product. just sharing the info i received.

I have a be cool radiator and they recommend dexacool the orange stuff. Just remember you DON'T want to mix orange with green. I was told when mixed it gets gummy.

-
Back