Cost of living

-
My band Was played on the Premiere Tampa Bay FM rock station, we opened for a BUNCH of Signed Bands and did the Tampa Bay Metal Awards, and Metal Fest 3. I Forged Ahead and played with Nasty Savage and Monstrosity afterwards.....Cursed by Many, Feared by All
Yes! there still are cool people In the world! Man why am I surrounded by people with no ambition? No heart! I mean none of my dumb friends can keep a job!? One friend has Ben fired from every job he's ever had... and always for something dumb

Yes! there still are cool people In the world! Man why am I surrounded by people with no ambition? No heart! I mean none of my dumb friends can keep a job!? One friend has Ben fired from every job he's ever had... and always for something dumb
Where are You from? What did he do for a Living? Is Everyone Fried on Hard Drugs, or Super Pot? Any Healthy Hobbies? Enquiring Minds Wanna Know! Cause WE ALL Care bout Y'all youngin's

Alaska, pretty cool up here
Duh, Yes I read about Your car, sorry, it's a FL Thing! We have a friend whose dad owns hunting acreage up there and we were going to move up there! Once we priced getting the Ram dually diesel 4x4, up there the Duster up there, a couple other things, the cost of shipping just to get our vehicles up there was insane.... so we gave up that idea

Ya my best friend in middle school he had everything given to him and I did not.. actually due to crazy long story's I lived in an rv from 12 to about 17 then in between that time my dad got hit by a car and that's when I retired him from any worrie and now that I'm older it's different but I basically kept that info from any of my friends tell I was able to afford rent and storage for a 31 for rv lol and that's when I was about 18 and from then on I told my friends but ya he's kind of got the I deserve everything attuned, and I've Ben spending years littlebrothering him and he's gotten better but he just can't see his own cognitive insanity cause he was spoiled and neglected, but he's got a good friend who's teaching him mechanical stuff, most importantly something. Cause he has no problem waisting his life with a dead-end job stoned from what ever weed he can get never getting ahead, I finally got him a geo tracker cause I have 3 drive train worth of parts but this was while I was takeing care of my parents and nephew, and I foolishly thought he could keep a job, he's a great convincer btw.. but he basically stayed rent free for 6 month and I learned an important lesson. Lol but hobby wise I have dirtbikes expensive rc helicopter, cars, eletric jets [f18 f16 a10 f4 f15] + war birds, camping guns, lots and lots of guns hahah my 50 cal AR is my favorite lol I work with inlaing and wood working and refurbishing classic instruments, pretty much anything fun a something that would fall into the typical dude or wtf category

Duh, Yes I read about Your car, sorry, it's a FL Thing! We have a friend whose dad owns hunting acreage up there and we were going to move up there! Once we priced getting the Ram dually diesel 4x4, up there the Duster up there, a couple other things, the cost of shipping just to get our vehicles up there was insane.... so we gave up that idea
Wow that's crazy haha I got a 3.0 v6 Vulcan (Yamaha engine) for my ford probe shiped from a engine place in Florida, I actually bought the engine for 600 dollars and the guy shipped it to my door in alaska and didn't charge me anything? But that was a 12 years ago..

This thread is all over the place, lol. I work 12hr days at my day job plus an hour drive to and from work, 5 days a week sometimes 6 days, then we run cattle and land at home so that's 7 days a week 5-6 hours a night for chores, wife does morning chores and milking and we have 3 kiddos under 8yrs old. We are going on our first real vacation this year to the Dominican republic. Guess what im broke, I'm broke all the time. im pay check to.pay check but I have a new house and new shop a quite a few cars and parts, newer truck. Do I have everything I want, never, do I need everything I have. No but i love what I have and I bust my nuts to have it even when im working 20-22 hours straight just to.do it again the next day..just how I was raised. Gotta keep pushing. Everything is so expensive, especially with kids I will never see the end. It sucks especially when its $100 week in fuel just to get to work. My wife and kids to burn most of my income as she is a stay at home mom because day care costs are insane. I wanted to ramble about my life for a bit and how I piss everything away to because i do waist alot of money on order out, pop, snacks, car parts, tools my wife's new fatuations in life and rewards and toys for the kids. Is what it is. Cant take the money with when we die but boy it sure is stressfull not sitting on 10k of safety money. Im happy to have $1500 in a savings account

Bacon has nearly doubled in the last 2 years but we're still eatin' it.

A LOT of it.

Bacon has nearly doubled in the last 2 years but we're still eatin' it.

A LOT of it.
You can grow your own. Bacon seeds!

bacon seeds.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is all over the place, lol. I work 12hr days at my day job plus an hour drive to and from work, 5 days a week sometimes 6 days, then we run cattle and land at home so that's 7 days a week 5-6 hours a night for chores, wife does morning chores and milking and we have 3 kiddos under 8yrs old. We are going on our first real vacation this year to the Dominican republic. Guess what im broke, I'm broke all the time. im pay check to.pay check but I have a new house and new shop a quite a few cars and parts, newer truck. Do I have everything I want, never, do I need everything I have. No but i love what I have and I bust my nuts to have it even when im working 20-22 hours straight just to.do it again the next day..just how I was raised. Gotta keep pushing. Everything is so expensive, especially with kids I will never see the end. It sucks especially when its $100 week in fuel just to get to work. My wife and kids to burn most of my income as she is a stay at home mom because day care costs are insane. I wanted to ramble about my life for a bit and how I piss everything away to because i do waist alot of money on order out, pop, snacks, car parts, tools my wife's new fatuations in life and rewards and toys for the kids. Is what it is. Cant take the money with when we die but boy it sure is stressfull not sitting on 10k of safety money. Im happy to have $1500 in a savings account
Thank you for the reality check.
Most people raising kids are in the same boat.

Keep on, keeping on.:thumbsup:

Respect is EARNED, not GIVEN.
Sometimes you respect the position without knowing the person. For instance, when the judge walks into the court room, you will rise in respect to the position without knowing the man.

Vacations don't have to be costly. It's amazing how cheap one can travel. We've taken vacations (gone Monday through Friday) just about every year we've been married, and short trips (2 or 3 day trips) in between.

My wife's side business frequently necessitates travel.

...as a business expense.

Just sayin'

Sometimes you respect the position without knowing the person. For instance, when the judge walks into the court room, you will rise in respect to the position without knowing the man.

I agree, but in your example the judge earned that respect by years of schooling and such. The judge earned his respect in that respect lol. A fun word play.

I agree, but in your example the judge earned that respect by years of schooling and such. The judge earned his respect in that respect lol. A fun word play.
What if it's a bad judge, because we have them too. You know he is a bad judge, known for kangaroo court.... you will still rise because you respect the position and the court, not the man. If you're a supervisor, you may not like and may disagree with the Director of Operations, but you still talk and respect the position even though the man didn't earn it. Amongst friends, family, and business you are correct: Respect is earned, not given.

I work with quite a few doctors.

I make it a point to call them by their first name.
Only after they have earned my respect do I ever call them "Doctor_____" and even then it's rare.
There are some that I have never called by their title.

I work with quite a few doctors.

I make it a point to call them by their first name.
Only after they have earned my respect do I ever call them "Doctor_____" and even then it's rare.
There are some that I have never called by their title.
That's just backwards

Either give them the respect thier title deserves, or don't use their services

(Just my opinion of course)

How lovely- a red X.

OTOH, I'm actually the scarce commodity- I'm the computer guy (with "only" a high school education).

If my stuff don't work.....they don't work.

I don't put that in their face like that, but most of them know it and appreciate it.

...and some show the respect that I've earned by solving complex problems sometimes even requiring representatives of the respective tech companies to fly in and let me prove to them that I am right and they are wrong, necessitating them to change their products.

How lovely- a red X.

OTOH, I'm actually the scarce commodity- I'm the computer guy (with "only" a high school education).

If my stuff don't work.....they don't work.

I don't put that in their face like that, but most of them know it and appreciate it.

...and some show the respect that I've earned by solving complex problems sometimes even requiring representatives of the respective tech companies to fly in and let me prove to them that I am right and they are wrong, necessitating them to change their products.
Have you ever served in the military? You might not like a officer but you respect the rank and you salute that officer and he returns that salute. Thats respect for both officer and enlisted.
Its no difference with a MD, DDS or even a PHD in a professional settings and this attitude of calling a medical doctor by his first name because he or she hasn't earned your respect makes me think exactly who do you think you are.
I have men and women who are doctors and dentist's that I know personally, who are friends of relatives I see at parties and social functions. I address them as Doctor Joe for example. Doctor Joesph wouldn't have a problem if I called him Joe but thats not me
Thats why I gave you a red X
Heres a clue, while your skills may be appreciated and you should be respected for that, you can be replaced and with a disrespectful attitude you've now displayed you would be in many medical institutions
Quite frankly with the two medical practices im affiliated with, if your services were required to fix anything and you couldn't have the common decency to address the residing doctor as Doctor, it would be the office manager that would show you to the door

I knew some would read into what I wrote that I am disrespectful.

Not so.

We have a casual work environment. First names are common.

Don't think I'll be getting replaced any time soon.

In my last job which I held for 22 years, I had people with master's degrees that were my subordinates.

...and a "big boss" that understood that a piece of paper didn't make you the best qualified person for a given job.....demonstrated ability did.

My "new" boss of the last 7 years is the same way.

You do you, and I'll do me.

BTW- find a job you enjoy doing, and as the say...you'll never work a day in your life.

...and "work smarter not harder" actually works, too.

I've never been interested in jobs that require "more hours".

If I can't get done in 40 what needs to get done, then I have the wrong job.

Sure maybe an hour here or 30 minutes there, but I've never had a 50-60-70 hour a week job.

My life is too important for that BS.

Last edited:
-
Back