Couple swap questions

-

35steveq

Reaction score
I'm trying to wrap up a 318 swap into my 64 Barracuda. Hoping you guys can help with a few things...
- Car has original TRW power steering pump. Does anyone offer a bracket set up for the 1971 318 that retains that pump?
- Does anyone have a specific aftermarket radiator that will work with lower hose on passenger side?
I've studied a ton of threads on here, all of them bring these topics up, but haven't found the answers. Thanks in advance for everyone's time...
Steve

IDK anything about a TRW,
but I like the Saginaw pump the best; it keeps up, when I start doing figure eights,and stuff, lol.
As well; the 70 and up style aluminum water pump is IMO, better, and easier to get.
I bit the bullet and converted my 68 to the modern 70 and up system. You can just re-index your balancer; that's no big deal. But if your rad is already new and oldstyle, then it gets pricey to convert.
Good luck with your search.

Steve is your car an original 273 car, or are you upgrading from a /6?
It was originally a 273 car, I purchased with no engine. However the power steering pump is original to the 273. I know the brackets are different, id just like to not have to purchase a new pump if possible

16072826919118479523604286748636.jpg

I doubt you will find a bracket and crank pulley setup that will work with your pump/pulley combo. It was made for the '64-6 pulleys and brackets.

I'm not sure what happened to my post. After you answered you had a 273 car I posted but that post disappeared.

I found Mancini has TRW pump brackets to work with the newer style water pump and TRW pump.

Power Steering Brackets (manciniracing.com)
Thanks a ton for reply, not sure if any that are listed on that link are actually for the 70+ aluminum waterpump? I'm going to give them a call anyway to see if they know...
Thanks again!

Finding the brackets to fit the pump isn't that hard to do. It's getting the correct brackets that will keep the pump and crank pulleys aligned. Usually mixing and matching early stuff with late stuff doesn't work out.

-
Back