Status
Not open for further replies.

SC69DART

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
FABO Members,

I have a few parts lying around and wanted to get an idea of what people might pay for them, if its good enough I will let them go.

Mallory Unilite Distributor(s)
1.) 3757801 - mechanical advance - good module
2.) 4757801 - vacuum advance - missing module

Holley 4150 850 DP
No need to keep two carburetors when I need other parts, it works fine.

B&M 10415 Holeshot Converter - 2400 stall
Less than a year old and in the car for about a month, the car never did see the street or strip. I sold the transmission and didnt want to include the new converter in the deal.

Im looking for:

3:91 gears for a 489 Case.
3000-3500 stall converter
60amp or better alternator

Pictures coming soon....it just happens to be 9:20pm!

PM'd on the Holley, I got your alternator too.

Those Unilite modules are 100 bucks so price accordingly to keep yourself in the game.

Good info was found on a Phord board about these for the potential buyer:

One thing that confuses a lot of guys, the Unilite itself doesnt need a resistor, it can run on 12-14+ volts, per Mallory, HOWEVER, the coil needs to run a resistor on the positive side

Why? Because the spikes happen on the negative side of the coil, not the positive side of the Unilite.

When the Unilite "makes a ground" for the coil, power rushes through the unit toward that ground. It should dissipate through the dist, the block, back to ground, but big spikes can surge through the trigger unit

Same on points, the power to the coil is grounded through the distributor, run without a ballast or resitor wire, you burn points.

In addition, whenever you check voltage at a coil, let the motor run a while, as the battery charges back up, it can be up to 2 volts higher than when you check it at start up.

I run a Mallory Unilite, and found my factory resistor wasnt enough after a few minutes and almost non existent when at fast idle.

Check close, they are super triggers when wired right, if you cheat on setup they burn easy

The 2400 stall converter is for what trans / engine balance, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back