Crackedback relay kit....What a great electrical upgrade!!!

-

318MoparGuy

MoparHokie
Reaction score
Morning All,
First of all....HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ON FABO AND WISHING A GREAT 2016 TO EVERYONE!!!:cheers:
I know it's been mentioned before, but I just wanted to add that I recently installed crackedback's (Rob's) relay kit to my 73 Dart Swinger and man oh man...what a big difference it makes on my stock headlights. I will upgrade to the halogen NightHawks when the time comes and it will be even better. It also brightened up the dash cluster lighting a lot. Those are the things that I can physically see, but the really important extra added benefit is that it takes the electrical load off of the headlight switch and the respective circuit in our 40-50 year old classics. The kit was extremely well constructed with high quality materials and Rob's installation instructions was excellent. So anyone sitting on the fence about doing this great upgrade...wait no more and order one!!!! You will be very happy you did...and wonder why you didn't do it sooner :)
Best to All,
Greg

I'll be getting one soon, never did much night driving but I now have two grandsons driving so I know its just a matter of time before i'll be picking someone up!!

Jeff

I did this upgrade a few months ago....I agree - the difference is amazing!
The lights on my Cuda are as bright and white as on my new car.....

Well worth it.

:burnout:

Greg,

Thanks for the post and good to read the kit met your expectations.

I appreciate the feedback from everyone that has purchased a kit.

Rob

Is there a website link that has a list &/or a photo of what-all you get and a price?
Nevermind, found it in the thread right above this one on the same subject.

I, too bought one of his kits and also give it and the results a big thumbs up. The difference in brightness is impressive, plus I no longer have to worry about melted wires coming off the headlight switch.

Headlight info...also interested in a website and more info.

Link to the thread, don't have a website.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=216514

If you have a single round headlight on each side, I recommend the GE Nighthawk NH6024H headlights as an inexpensive halogen relacement. I've seen them at amazon and some other outlets for as low as $12 ea. Most of the time they are under $20 ea.

I ordered a set of the Nighthawk headlights, and I am interested in the new harness, but I currently don't have any wires showing in my engine compartment, I'm trying to figure out how to add this without seeing it. How long is the main power lead that comes off of the alternator?

I ordered a set of the Nighthawk headlights, and I am interested in the new harness, but I currently don't have any wires showing in my engine compartment, I'm trying to figure out how to add this without seeing it. How long is the main power lead that comes off of the alternator?

How long do you want it?

If you give me lengths on the wires and where you want to mount relays, I'll make it to your specifications, part of the customer service I provide. If you've done a wire around solution, you can pull power from the stater relay post.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to discuss a solution.

Rob

Battery is in the trunk so I used existing threaded bolt holes in the core support under the horns and made a aluminum plate to mount it to.
Thanks Rob, what a difference in the lighting output

Attachments

• image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 361
I installed the kit over the holiday break. Quite simple, and what a difference it makes!

Crackedback, I hope your not getting tired of making these, I'll be looking for one maybe this weekend. I need to get this done before the FiTech unit goes in and starts pulling more power.

Have to add my kudos to Crackedback for the relay kit he sells. Got mine a few days ago and couldn't be happier. Outstanding quality, and the provided instructions are so well done even a non-electrician like me can follow them. Can't wait to get the kit installed.

one of these days i'll grab a kit..

Even with one Nighthawk down and an old bulb in at the moment , I love mine!
Lights are brighter than my daily. Very worthwhile on these deer infested Texas backroads. With this kit and both of the Nighthawks in, I would guess I can see half a mile in clear weather with the hi beams on. Hard to say, but it's a long damn way!!

I assume this unit will work on any mopar? I have a 74 barracuda i am thinking about doing this with. Thanks

I assume this unit will work on any mopar? I have a 74 barracuda i am thinking about doing this with. Thanks
Yes.....but the harness length may vary....just tell him what car it's for...

I love e-body 'Cudas!

Jeff

Yes.....but the harness length may vary....just tell him what car it's for...

I love e-body 'Cudas!

Jeff
Thanks for the info! I bought a 70 dart that i am about finished restoring(4 years). Found the barracuda last fall and jumped on it. Its unrestored and is a great driver. Love driving to work and driving around in it.

Thanks for the info! I bought a 70 dart that i am about finished restoring(4 years). Found the barracuda last fall and jumped on it. Its unrestored and is a great driver. Love driving to work and driving around in it.
Pictures?!!!

Jeff

-
Back