M43: Grille Trim Moldings
N23: Electronic Ignition System
N41: Dual Exhaust
N42: Chrome Exhaust Tips

R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V6W: Longitudinal Stripes, White
V8W: Tranverse Stripes, White
EN1: End of Sales Codes

1972 Dodge Demon (Plymouth Duster, Dart, Mopar, Chrysler)

Always cracks me up when they say "easy restoration", and "just fix this, and this, and this, and then paint and upholster it and you'll have a $25,000 car".

Obviously a moron who has never restored a car, has no idea of the cost to do a restoration, or the time involved. Yea, maybe if someone bought it for $7950, then put about $20K into it, then it might be a $25,000 car.

Ya..could be nice at the moment it's a pile of crap...

Always cracks me up when they say "easy restoration", and "just fix this, and this, and this, and then paint and upholster it and you'll have a $25,000 car".

Obviously a moron who has never restored a car, has no idea of the cost to do a restoration, or the time involved. Yea, maybe if someone bought it for $7950, then put about $20K into it, then it might be a $25,000 car.

Agreed, and to boot, he closes with, "If you don't do this I'm going to do it and your opportunity for an affordable Mopar muscle car will be gone." If it was that easy he would have already done it and not be selling it, right? Hopefully someone can get it for $3,500, have the skills to do most of the work themselves, spend only $15K and have a nice ride that they are not upside down on if they decide to sale it one day. Buying these cars with the illusion you are going easily restore and flip for a profit, is a fools dream at the prices most are asking for due to the Barrett Jackson syndrome.

Ya..could be nice at the moment it's a pile of crap...

I am with you, I should have said, could be nice considering it is a Demon to begin with, 340 4speed car, great factory color, and nice list of other options. But hey, how many of us can start of with a nice car day one, most of us have to start off with a less than ideal one, and if lucky begin with a desirable model which is largely there and enjoy the process of investing lots of work, money, and dreaming of one day bringing it back to it's original glory.

-
Back