Crane gold rocker help

-

siuauto

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a set of crane gold rockers that I want to use one a set of 440 source heads. I only have the rockers and a set of shims, so my questions are?

Can I use stock shafts?
Should I use springs or spacers in between rockers?
If spacers what size do I need?
Can I use stock hold downs?

Thanks in advance!

Crane Gold race rockers come with shafts in the kit. I assume they are o.e. I am using spacers with shims. the shims go between the rocker and spring. o.e.holddowns are n.g. You need Crane holddowns and bolts. You need Crane p-rods too. this is what in on my b-engine. They are o.k., not the best, Harland Sharp is killer

not sure on the shafts. mine came as a kit. I am using huges billet steel hold downs and there shim kit. push rods are manton. I am using the cranes 1.6 rockers that makes my comp a 634 lift solid roller in my 440 dart.

Hello everyone, I have a set of crane gold rockers that I want to use one a set of 440 source heads. I only have the rockers and a set of shims, so my questions are?

Can I use stock shafts?
Should I use springs or spacers in between rockers?
If spacers what size do I need?
Can I use stock hold downs?

Thanks in advance!

are doing some research here is the size of the shafts that come in the crane rocker kits.

Shaft Diameter (in): 0.872 in. so if a stock mopar shaft measure the same i don't see why you couldn't use it. on your spring or spacer questions, what kind and size of cam are you going to run? also iare you going to race or just street drive your car? mine is mostly a race car and with my solid roller cam i went with the solid spacers.

Thanks for the responses. I didn't buy them as a kit, I bought them from a friend who went to a 1.6 ratio so I only have the rocker arms. The engine will be a mostly street with the occasional weekend warrior fun at the track. I have not picked a cam yet but most lickly it will be a hot street nothing too crazy.
So it sounds like hold billet hold downs are a good idea and most of you recommend spacers but are they all the same? If not what size do I need?

Put the rockers on the shaft, line them up over the valve tips, then measure the space between the the rockers. Now you have your spacer width!

-
Back