Crank case pressure problem

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
So I've got some issues with crank case pressure build up on the valiant it even got to the point yesterday on my 8th pass down the track I blue one of my valve cover breathers out lucky it stayed in the engine bay.
So is it time for a vacuum pump or should I try and tie the valve cover into the exhaust. What's some of your guys and gals take on this issue.

First is weather it,s a forced induction system or a normally aspirated engine.I would do a leak down test to see if a set of rings is leaking and hat percentage they are leaking?.A vacuum pump can help with sealing and make more power.Even installing a crank case breathing system into the exhaust will help,or a PVC valve,but your not solving the problem.You are helping to relieve the problem,you need to find the problem and solve the ring sealing problem or this will get worse,mrmopartech

Thanks guys I was reading another post about the same issue and another member informed the poster that it could be valve related so ill probably start there and check the lash on all the valves first and go from there a leak down test might be in order.

you may need a check valve on the pcv line. that way boost pressure isn't ending up in the crankcase.

i stole this pic off moparts lol
this is what one guy uses for Auto-X (lots of cornering) so he doesnt even use a PCV

link to the thread here: http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7850150

7852385-3_9_11Sm06.JPG

-
Back