Crappy Starter Relays

-

rklein383

Reaction score
I am on my second new starter relay that has failed. Is there a quality relay out there for my 71 Barracuda?

IMG_0799.JPG

Unfortunately most of the electrical parts available to us are made in China & the quality sucks. Maybe try you local parts store & see if the have one made by one of the larger parts providers that "MAY" be U S made. I know it's a long shot, but it might be worth it in the end. The only other option would be to carry an extra with you, then you will probably never have to use it. LOL

I carry a screwdriver so I can short across the relay to start the car in a pinch.

I agree with Demonracer.
NOS would be best.

In a pinch I go to NAPA. They seem to have higher quality parts than the typical chain stores. My local stores have gray-haired counter guys who have a lot of experience and they know the parts better than the young typical workers at other places.

You might also try Rockauto. They usually offer several choices with brand names. Sometimes they have older NORS. Something made 30 yrs ago in the USA is better than the typical Chinesium out there.

-
Back