Crashed the Cuda, Sucks to be me!

-
Sent ya a PM with my number and my parts guru (Yard Dawg) number. I called him this morning for your parts but he was still sleeping. His wife has your parts list to go with his morning coffee.
Give him or me a quick call for availability for parts and price. The reason I mentioned was he has recently been parting down a couple of these early fish and I thought I saw a couple of fenders there a couple of days ago.
We are here to help.
John.:D

Where are you at with the parts chasing?? I have a few of the items listed that you need, so if you update your progress for us I'll gladly rount them up and see what I can do to help get the 66 back in shape!! Geof

Dang that sucks. S**t happens but it sounds like your FABO brothers have found you some parts. Good show guys! I pulled into my driveway one afternoon and didn't turn sharp enough. I ran into the back of my tool truck. Well, it didn't move but my fender and headlight bezel did. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. LOL

About all I have for a 66 is the trim that holds the headlight in. PM me your address and it'll be on the way Tues.

I have a decent filler panel and maybe some other parts. After you go through all the replies, etc, let me know what you need. I don't want to step on anyones feet!

I'm sure with the support network here, you'll have no problem getting it all back together in time. Sweet ride man, can't wait to see it back in it's full glory

That sucks but you'll get her fixed up,i once had a 4x4 truck 6 inch lift 35 inch tires parked on my carport the driveway sloped down beginning at the carport i was running late ran out of the house fired up the truck and ran over my oleladys toyota [she parked real close to the rear of my truck] you could not see it when you were in the drivers seat,ended up parked on the hood.Man she was pissed, probly did not help with me laughing about it.

Ouch. A self-inflicted shot hurts the worst. Pick yourself up and get to work, you'll get to that show by 7/4....

Thanks everyone for your possitive feedback. I would have responded to each individually but I was out of town today visiting my inlaws helping out with some much needed repairs around the farm, they're both in they're 80s. Feels good to put in a good days work on your day off with temps nearing 100, but I digress..
As for parts, I need pretty much everything on the list, the parts Keith thought he could secure turned out to be not so good condition. I'll be contacting John (64dart170) in the morning to see what his buddy yarddawg might have. I wiil be sending pm's to those of you that have offered parts on this thread. If you think you may have something I can use please don't hesitate to send me a pm.
I will update this thread as parts come in.
Thanks to all, Bob

drill out the spot welds that hold in the headlight bucket remove it then you can hammer dollie everything back to shape then weld the headlight bucket back into place.......sure would be handy to have a small airplane about now, I could just fly around the country with my body repair tools and my dog
Waggs, I wish it was that easy. This fender already had extensive repair from an accident in its previous life. I couldn't find a fender when I did the resto so I ironed out this one and made it work, I'm not sure I can pull that off a second time. If all else fails, I'll do what I have to.
BTW, my son works for Boeing, maybe I can get you here afterall. lol

damn way to set up guys .. i have a 66 parts car but the clip was gone when i got it so im no help best of luck getting her back togather

Thanks to all who responded to my urgent plea. Here's where I stand with aquiring parts.

I've got a headlight bezel on the way from dartinjack
headlight retainer ring is on the way fron 65 Dartman
I picked up a beautiful rust free fender today from mrhotrod

Parts I still need:
Left headlight bucket
Left grill
Bumper filler panel
Lower grill filler panel

I plan on starting to put things back together tomorrow so if I can't locate the bumper and grill filler panels, I will straighten what I have and use them 'til I can find a suitable replacement.

I will post the rebuild in my restoration thread "the Darwin Project"

Sorry about the cuda. I did same thing with my f250. Backed right into the side of the wifes conv. mustang in the driveway.

Oh pftttttttttttt. I thought you were gonna show us some real hurt. That ain't bad. She'll be fine. I know it looks bad cause it's such a nice little car, but it'll be ok again.

Thanks to the good folks here, I have secured all the neccessary parts with the exception of the grill. I do have a few leads from members here, on a grill, that I still need to pursue, but if someone has a driver side grill they are willing to part with, please shoot me a pm.
Work will commence soon on the rebuild which I will post in my restoration thread.

Thanks again to all who stepped up and provided parts and encouraging commentary. I seriously did not think I would find all the parts I needed in order to get the car back on the road by 7/4.

Happy motoring, Bob

-
Back