crazy 70s paint jobs

-
Love this paint job.... If anyone has more pics of this car please post them...

scan0055.jpg

scan0057.jpg

That's the paint job I want, where each panel is divided, except the upper and lower parts show more of the 'body color.'
Anyone have more pics like that one?

Dart Charger

Attachments

• dartcharger.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,053
there must have been looooooots of drugs in the 70´s i wasnt there but its an educated gues from the paintjobs..
keep the pics coming there was a time when painters knew something about painting and not just covering a car with one color!

street driven,pump gas, full exhaust,full interior,six pack,mid tens

Attachments

• streetcleaner2.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,049
  • street clnr 033.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,039
  • IMG_9693.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,005
I know its a Chiivy but it had a really cool panel paint job. My buddy bought it in 1986 from the original builder and the one pic is of it in Hot Rod before it was tubbed. I wanted this car sooooo bad when he sold it in 1990 for $6500 dollars.

Attachments

• HOT ROD 1978-09 (11).jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,015
  • Ted-Dean and the Mint.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,015
Larry Reyes fastback.

Attachments

• reyescuda.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 971
there must have been looooooots of drugs in the 70´s i wasnt there but its an educated gues from the paintjobs..
keep the pics coming there was a time when painters knew something about painting and not just covering a car with one color!

I was there and sprayed my share of wild paint back then. Didn't do any drugs myself, but a couple of fifths of Boone's Farm or liquid screwdrivers was usually enough to get me started. LOL I remember doing a van once. The customer just wanted a couple of extra stripes to break it up a little. When I finally finished all that was left of the original color was the roof and a 2" wide stripe around the sides. LOL I just wish I had taken pics.
Dallas

Just found this one - the epitome of 70s funny car paint

Attachments

• mg4.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 956
Twister Challenger

Attachments

• twisterchallenger.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 922
That poor GTX :( I didnt think it would get any worse then I seen what was sitting in the engine compartment. Im sorry but it would be better off seeing the crusher than that.
I effin' GAGGED when I saw that 348/409 boat anchor in there!

LOVE those old PSYCEDELIC paint jobs !

That "Psychotic Reaction" '68 Super Stock Barracuda got its name from the song by the same title , "Psychotic Reaction" by The Count 5 ( 1966 ) .

Low Riders have some of the most beautiful paint jobs on them ; just look at the Gypsy Rose ( originally used in Cheech & Chong , still in its primer-gray state ) .

The 60's were , imo , the best time for many things artistically : music , fashion ( TWIGGY ! ) , art , and of course , cars .

Not a Mopar, but still some groovy paint.

Attachments

• flowerbug.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 864
-
Back