Crosstalk?

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Hung out with 69valiantracer again on Saturday. Chris explained what cross talk is but I don't really understand it. Anybody care to enlighten me?

crosstalk is a feature of a delay box....it allows you to put your dial in the box...your opponents dial in the box....plus your delay in the box.....

still with me?

if you are the faster car......and a top bulb racer......since you are the faster car the guy in the other lane ...his side of the tree will come down first....

with cross talk ...your top light will come on with his top light...you will let go of the button....the delay box will subtract the difference between your dial in and his dial in...plus your delay .....

the top bulb on your side of the tree will stay on ...then count down accordingly with your dial in...

this allows you to have the same clean look at the tree as the slower car.....

and if you are the closer car...dont worry about crosstalk......plus if you are the faster car...you put a
N next to your dial and the tree will not give you top bulb on your side of the tree ......your side will count down with the difference in dial in......

Clear??????

http://www.eaglemotorplex.com/crosstalk.htm

if i new i could have found this link...it was saved me from all that stuff up above..

why don`t they just set in the stands and run w/ radio control ? hate the stuff!
it and nhra is ruining drag racing for the little guy. case in point is 1/8 mi. racing.
you can`t gear a real "drive it to work" street car for an 1/8 mile.---bob

why don`t they just set in the stands and run w/ radio control ? hate the stuff!

that link explained it real good and to the point of "what the f" do you bracket racers need that for? holy crap.

X2.........and on top of that it's a stupid name

"Crosstalk" is commonly and HAS BEEN used for decades to mean electrical interferance

crosstalk is a feature of a delay box....it allows you to put your dial in the box...your opponents dial in the box....plus your delay in the box.....

still with me?

if you are the faster car......and a top bulb racer......since you are the faster car the guy in the other lane ...his side of the tree will come down first....

with cross talk ...your top light will come on with his top light...you will let go of the button....the delay box will subtract the difference between your dial in and his dial in...plus your delay .....

the top bulb on your side of the tree will stay on ...then count down accordingly with your dial in...

this allows you to have the same clean look at the tree as the slower car.....

and if you are the closer car...dont worry about crosstalk......plus if you are the faster car...you put a
N next to your dial and the tree will not give you top bulb on your side of the tree ......your side will count down with the difference in dial in......

Clear??????

Got it.....having it writing where I could read it several times helps...Thanks...

I would be happy if Nhra would make all electronics illegal.....it has made lousy drivers competitive...LOL

but...you still need to let go of the button...get the car from point a to point b and run your dial in...

@inkjunkie....I know, I talk too fast huh! You should have asked, I would have slowed down a bit. Wondered why your eyes glazed over when I said cross talk. LOL
Sure love having you at the races....Should have left the .27 on it huh, cause the .004 didn't work!
Hey guys, you know what they call Top bulb racers? People that can't bottom bulb race....before you throw stones at me,I am a top bulb racer, and here is why I run a box, and why lots of fast, S/Pro/Super class cars do.
Spokane only had a 4 teeths Pro tree for years in all classes, so you had to set your car on kill to be competitive.
Every year we would go to Seattle to the big Mopar race, and other tracks with full tree's. No matter what I did, small front tire, big front tire, transbrake, footbrake, deep stage or not, I would be either -.330 or .620.By the end of the weekend I got it, but it was too late, then back to our weekly 4 teeths Pro tree.
So I put a box in it so when we went away I started going rounds, and guess what? The pay was better too.It is even tougher, because the wins and losses are like .00014, or at best a thou.I have lost race's @ .000001 (time slip shows .0000), computer had to go all the way to the end.Not saying non box classes are not competative, they are.
I also ran S/Gas for a few years, and the same thing. Car was set up on kill, so when I went away and there where no super classes, I needed help.
I footbraked for years in my Cuda and loved it. I even have a plug on my box so I could run Pro, but man the Pro people at our track (and others) are bad to the bone, so I am sticking with S/Pro, it's where I want to be. I also plan to run S/St some day soon, and again, the car needs to react for the 5 teeths Pro tree.
That's my story and I.am stickin' to it.LOL
P.S I have cross talked before in my old 9 second car, but I don't now. It really doesn't bother me to wait,some people say they can see their bulb dim when the other guy gets his light, so it makes them flintch.

Hey Chris....I kind of understood you but was not 100% sure.....not to mention I often have an easier time understanding things if I read them. Put the bike back on the trailer....Ernie & I are going to visit Lonnie tomorrow about the seat...

-
Back